7/25/10

I can breathe! Mad Men is back!

My make-up
I looooove Mad Men and I've been in agony waiting for it to start-up. I didn't really go anywhere this weekend, so by Sunday afternoon, I was rip-roaring ready to go see Mad Men festivities in Times Square!
Headed to see Mad Men in Times Square
Matt is feeling poorly, so I went by tough-self.

The Mad Men festivities were in Times Square. I work in TS, but my bicycle lives a privileged indoor life, so I took her photo as I locked her up and walked away in case this was goodbye.
Bicycle Lock-Up - Broadway
In my crazy little mind, I felt like The Late Show + David LEtterman's spirit would protect my bicycle. It worked!

But! There was a crisis - My dress's zipper BROKE! It was RIGHT before the show started and some girl behind me was like "Your dress is broken" And I was like "Yeah, but what am I gonna do about it right now?" And I turned around and enjoyed...

The Costume Contest!
IMGP1509

Some excrutiatingly painful trivia. The people who were in the trivia game were TERRIBLE!

But then I got to see Elisabeth Moss + January Jones!
Mad Men Season 4 - Times Square
January Jones is a super-skinny bitch! Her legs are twigs!

The weather was cool despite this awful, hot summer New York is having. I had a lovely seat and held my busted dress together for the show.
IMGP1516

I never really lost dignity. The top of the zipper stayed in-tact.
Busted Zipper - Goodnight!

I was able to scurry to Forever 21 and get a big shirt to cover all my business up for the ride home!
Forever 21 Tunic to cover up busted dress

2 comments:

  1. Anne Marie7/29/2010

    I bought a bike today on Ebay! It's not at all what I wanted but decided I could always sell on if I didn't like it.

    It's a vintage Cycles Gitane, from maybe 70s or 80s, a sweet green frame and there's apparently quite a following of these bikes in the USA. It's quite lightweight and a 'girl-frame' which I wanted as a change from my macho mountain bike.

    Woo hoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it! Girl-frame-style was of utmost importance to me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.