5/28/10

Fresh little cut

Fresh Haircut 5/27

I love my salon + it's/my girls (Eva Scrivo Salon - Gwynne & Amanda.) I didn't know what my hair needed exactly, but I emailed and got a next-day appointment. I sat in the chair and talked aimlessly, and got up and demonstrated how I look at the back of my hair to my colorist. She actually paid attention to my crazy paranoid hair issues. We started looking at it, and decided the real solution was a cut. My colorist does not cut hair. At all. I was about to beg her to just cut it a little bit in a few places. Turns out my cutter was in the house and completely not expecting to see me - she was actually getting her hair colored/glazed, but she was totally down to give me a bit of a cut.

I got a fresh Glaze put on and a little but cut. Very cute! She cut 2 key places and that really fixed me up.

Fresh Hair - Glaze & Cut


Today I got out of work at 2pm for the Holiday and I rode up to West Elm on the Upper West Side. Upper West Side means I needed to ride across Central Park to get Home. It was AWESOME! No traffic means SO MUCH LESS BICYCLE commuter STRESS!
IMGP0176

Nothing but carriages (which STUNK! Horse Poops!) other bikes and joggers/walkers and rick-shaw taxis.
Central Park


$4.99 Cycle Chic flip flops - NYC Cycle Style


Bike Style - Easy Riding
Helmet, always! I'm still loving this bike. I wish my lock wasn't so heavy because I can never-not-have it. Boo! I think it weighs 6 pounds.

So today when I came home, I parked my bike in the courtyard and carried my purse, basket and bag of new super-clearance West Elm towels upstairs then carried a pretty naked bike down the stairs into the storage room. Bicycle commuting is a whole new world of strategizing.

Shopping requires strategy too. You have to find a place to lock it up, then secure it and carry all of the crap you were previously carrying into the store to buy more crap to carry. I've been lucky tying on cloth grocery bags.

And here's my work/bicycle outfit for today - Ultra casual day at work:
Outfit of 5/27

I've gotten my money's worth out of these $4.99 flip-flops! I wish I could find more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.