5/24/10

Weekend Review

Running around the Jackie O' Reservoir in Central Park. This kind of pic is for PriorFatGirl who I L-O-V-E.
IMGP0111
She encourages encouragement.

I like the "dark & moodiness" of this pic:
IMGP0110

This is how Matt feels about taking a camera on a run and blogging about mundane daily events:
IMGP0108

No married couple's weekend would be complete without a trip to the Home Depot. We planted some things on our terrace. I also scrubbed the terrace down like a Cinderella.
Day 1

This pic happened fast, and it's super pretty:
Bicycle Portrait - 5/24 - on my way home

This is a major cheap-o outfit. H&M Vest - $20, Dress from Marshall's - $12.99, Flip-flops from DUANE READE the drug store- $4.99.
Still have major leg-bruises.

Back to SATURDAY! I made this pasta dish. Martha suggested I make this per her badass iPhone app.
Martha told me how to make this

We did a picnic in Central Park. We had to sit near a fence to have something STRONG to tie Bonnie to and a few people stopped to look at us as if we were zoo animals. Bonnie is definitely a beast to gaze upon.
IMGP0081

Here's the scene on beach towels.
Picnic times

Here we are and Matt is using a Lilly Pulitzer plastic cup!
Family Time - Central Park Picnic

That's my Eugenia Kim for Target hat. It got some random stranger compliments and discussions. Good, Productive weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Anne Marie Stevenson5/28/2010

    I've enjoyed your blog. I found it when I was searching for the Schwinn Cream bike. It looks fabulous on the photos, and your clothes look so individual. That's real New York Cycle Chic!

    Do you like your bike? Im thinking of getting one as you can buy them in the UK. I'm going to bookmark this site so I can keep up and look what you're wearing - although I love to look & would love to wear, I'd have to be a little more restrained being a tad or two or three even, older than you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am loving the Schwinn Cream. I have the Single-Speed version which is (I believe) exclusive to Performance bikes. I have to carry it down some stairs to store it each day and I have to take it through 3 small doorways and the biggest problems come from the weight of my lock and my pannier/rear basket being heavy.

    Otherwise, I absolutely love riding it - I am not riding for speed - I am riding to get from A to B in style.
    I also love the fenders - I've ridden on the dirty NYC streets and puddles and haven't noticed my clothes getting dirty.

    The rear-rack is super nice too. I have one basket that hooks onto the back and I've tied everyday grocery bags to it for additional storage/shopping necessity.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.