4/26/10

Riding in the Rain...

Despite a gloomy forecast for this Monday, I could not resist the fun of riding the bicycle to work. There was no rain on the way in, and I made such good time that I parked next to The Today Show for a second to confirm that no one special was on...
Today Show Crowd

Parked at a traffic light in the new Greenway/Broadway expanded pedestrian area in Times Square at 8:30am.
Monday Morning Times Square

And I even cruised by GMA to see if they were in the same situation.
GMA - Monday Morning

I still got to work soo quickly on the bike! Even after fumbling around on the bike rack with that crazy lock.
Here's my BRIGHTLY coordinated helmet & backpack.
Cycle Chiiic!

This is my outfit - Monday dark rainy colors. I didn't ride in these heels. I rode in my Gold Glitter TOMS.
Gloomy Monday Outfit

My ride home was a little different. It was officially RAINING. It was kind of fun after I warmed up a little bit. I wish I had a towel because wet-hands was the least enjoyable part. I think my helmet's brim protected my eyes and face.

I took a different route on the way home - I was more conscious of following Official NYC Bike Lanes in the rainy conditions. Do not want to get smashed in the street in the rain.

I'm at 8th Ave slightly south of Columbus Circle. You can see the Globe statue.
Columbus Cir.

Central Park South facing East: Stopping to be self-impressed with my time, despite being extra-cautious and taking a round-about route.
C. Park South

Riding North on Park Ave.
Park Ave in the rain

I got pretty wet and my hands were wet, cold and very miserable the whole ride home BUT I still rode very slow & safe and 95% of the way in bike lanes and I still made better time than riding the subway + bus.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.