4/24/10

Maiden Voyage + Haircut

Maiden Voyage

I rode my new bike approx. 9 MILES! It was 4.5 miles each way and I got a haircut in-between, but now I need a nap. It's exciting riding in the city. I didn't feel confident enough to ride in NYC until after we had lived here for 1 year. Now I feel super-happy and confident about it. The weather is now my biggest inhibitor.

I have a bell on my new bike and it was fun to ring it at people. Like old grand-pappies who were staring at me and people who I thought might open their car door. "Riiing!!! Don't try it, bitch!"

I rode down to Eva Scrivo to get my hair cut. I got a dope scalp massage the Gwynn cut my hair and I dumped a ton of PF gossip on her lap. This is Gwynn who cuts my hair. She's so gorgeous. Some other chick had on CHANEL ESPADRILLES. It was fun to see those babies.

Even after I had to wear my new (Matt bought this for himself) helmet:
behr helmet

My haircut still looks pretty cute! ...for helmet hair.
Post-Ride - NEw Haircut

I was/still am starving and it's a GLORIOUS day in NYC, so I heated up some pizza and opened up the terrace.
Pizza & Terrace Time

I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again - Having a terrace and living on a quiet street has increased my quality of life in NYC measurably.

View 4/24/10 - Looking West

Terrace Time!

Matt got me this crazy fat bike lock:
New York Lock
Schwinn Cream + NYC Kryptonite Lock

And luckily our building has a bicycle storage room. This is my Schwinn hangin' tough.
Chillin' in the Bicycle Room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.