
That sweater-mitten felt really disgusting too. Wet and cold knit!
I started the day in sunshine. 44ยบ, but sunny.

On the wet ride home, a bicycle commuting gentleman stopped next to me and said "This is the downside of bike riding" and I replied "We're a lot better off than that girl back there on crutches."
When I saw the poor girl on crutches in the rain, I suddenly felt a lot better about my misery.
Also, at one point where traffic gets a little more tense, I realized I was focused on safety and kind-of forgot about my wet, cold, miserable stuff.
I suppose your coat felt like a damp dog, just come in from a walk. Wouldn't smell the same though!
ReplyDeleteI don't mind fine sort of drizzle but hate cycling in downpours, the sort where the rain goes through even your waterproofs and you take everything off and just drip in the house!