See how these trees have no leaves? There is no green in my sky? New York City is lagging behind on the springtime trend that is sweeping the rest of the nation.

This morning was perfect for my bestest light jacket. All the best coats/jackets are at thrift shops in Florida, and that's where this one came from.

Sanrio 50th Anniversary McDonald's Chococat watch & New leopard bracelet from the little girl's section at H&M.

After work I was riding so fast-

So fast, so fast-
-To get to the bicycle shop to get my new silver basket put on. I'm dreading cleaning trash out of this every day after parking it on the street while I'm at work but I'm happy that I don't have to worry about it being rickety and clipping and unclipping like the old one. And jeez- the silver just looks better.

Bonnie, my dog, has no patience for taking photos and she was with me now, so this angle isn't the best, but trust me- this basket will be photographed to death in no time.
I am really happy about my tiny new, vintage-looking, very affordable* pedals. They were like $11. Awesome!

I love how they look small and vintage. They may be children's. I'm pretty sure they're children's.
I had the best weekend with one of my BFF's. We saw Amy Sedaris. In normal lady clothes! I couldn't get over that. I've only ever seen her in frocks, gets-ups, costumes, etc. We were too polite to take cameras - it was a film screening with Q&A and we were on the first row.
Friday we went to the Tina Fey interview and book signing at Barnes & Noble Union Square. We got there about FOUR HOURS EARLY and thank goodness we did, because we were on the back row of the main section.
Grizz from 30Rock came in first-

Then everyone killed themselves to get a blurry, grainy photo of Tina Fey like this-

When she saw me, she did look me over like she was reading me, then said this exact quote: "You have a great haircut." and all I said was "Thanks" because I had been sitting at B&N for about 6 hours now and was thrilled to see her, but kind of miserable for a real drink.
But this is my hair right now and I agree with Stamatina Fey- It is very cute right now.

And this is air-dried. Yes!
After spending our day and night at Barnes & Noble, we needed Watermelon Margaritas.

Tina Fey's book is completely awesome. I finished it already and I am in love and want to start it all over again.
Here's Kimberly at MoMa on Saturday.

Late Saturday night we did Top of the Rock which is much more pleasant and chill than going up in the Empire State Building.

I was looking down and I can't believe I ride my bike around in that. Like, my commute runs down through there. Wild.


This morning was perfect for my bestest light jacket. All the best coats/jackets are at thrift shops in Florida, and that's where this one came from.

Sanrio 50th Anniversary McDonald's Chococat watch & New leopard bracelet from the little girl's section at H&M.

After work I was riding so fast-

So fast, so fast-
-To get to the bicycle shop to get my new silver basket put on. I'm dreading cleaning trash out of this every day after parking it on the street while I'm at work but I'm happy that I don't have to worry about it being rickety and clipping and unclipping like the old one. And jeez- the silver just looks better.

Bonnie, my dog, has no patience for taking photos and she was with me now, so this angle isn't the best, but trust me- this basket will be photographed to death in no time.
I am really happy about my tiny new, vintage-looking, very affordable* pedals. They were like $11. Awesome!

I love how they look small and vintage. They may be children's. I'm pretty sure they're children's.
I had the best weekend with one of my BFF's. We saw Amy Sedaris. In normal lady clothes! I couldn't get over that. I've only ever seen her in frocks, gets-ups, costumes, etc. We were too polite to take cameras - it was a film screening with Q&A and we were on the first row.
Friday we went to the Tina Fey interview and book signing at Barnes & Noble Union Square. We got there about FOUR HOURS EARLY and thank goodness we did, because we were on the back row of the main section.
Grizz from 30Rock came in first-

Then everyone killed themselves to get a blurry, grainy photo of Tina Fey like this-

When she saw me, she did look me over like she was reading me, then said this exact quote: "You have a great haircut." and all I said was "Thanks" because I had been sitting at B&N for about 6 hours now and was thrilled to see her, but kind of miserable for a real drink.
But this is my hair right now and I agree with Stamatina Fey- It is very cute right now.

And this is air-dried. Yes!
After spending our day and night at Barnes & Noble, we needed Watermelon Margaritas.

Tina Fey's book is completely awesome. I finished it already and I am in love and want to start it all over again.
Here's Kimberly at MoMa on Saturday.

Late Saturday night we did Top of the Rock which is much more pleasant and chill than going up in the Empire State Building.

I was looking down and I can't believe I ride my bike around in that. Like, my commute runs down through there. Wild.

I'm a new follower! Found your blog through Bitchcakes. I love your style. Your jacket is very cute. I'll have to check out Tina Fey's new book. I love her as well!!
ReplyDeleteThose watermelon margaritas look delicious! I love watermelon.
Sorry to hear that spring is lagging behind in NY. I live in Florida and it's been in the 80's and even 90's already! It's going to be a blistering summer down here. :(
The comment on the first picture made laugh as I looked out to the leafless trees on my SNOWCOVERED front lawn!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! So many fun and exciting things! ...but you're right. NY needs to majorly springtime it up!
ReplyDelete...and your hair IS super cute. Have a nice Tues!
Trees are the same up here in Schenectady. It is so depressing. I am on 'leaf watch' every time I leave the house scanning for anything poking through. At least it is warmer tho. This is my first (and last) USA winter and it has been GRIM. A girl in my 4th grade class was wearing that watch today and I recognized it from your blogs (I have been working my way thru them and am at Aug 2010 so far! ) I tried to make her give it to me but she wouldn't. I should have confiscated it! Oh well next time ......
ReplyDeleteSpringtime for everybody! Hello Kitty watches too!
ReplyDelete