9/20/10

The Hard Times

I buy stuff a lot. Sometimes it's hard to figure out how I'm going to wear some of the stranger stuff I buy. My life is hard sometimes;) These shoes were hard to figure out. I was also really scared that they would hurt my feet. They're ultra-high-heeled dollhouse brand and seemed too cheap to be comfortable but I had a good day in them complete with bicycle riding.
Original Shoes for Monday

I even got so frustrated with myself for not having a plan for these, that I moved them out in the middle of the floor so that I would see them repeatedly and be reminded that they were brand new and never worn. Today after bringing in all the new stuff I got in North Carolina, I kind of forced myself to figure it out and I'm glad I did.

These jeans aren't black although they only photograph as black-looking. They're really a dark, dark eggplant or burgundy. They were my first "Skinny" jeans and they were from the GAP last year.Monday Outfit + Bike - Heels, yup

The whole outfit.
Monday Outfit - Work + Bicycle
New Target/Raleigh necklace. I think it looks like that brand DanniJo that is super pretty and edgy but dirty expensive. This Target rendition was $14.99. High dollar Target Jewels! Yes!

The top is F21 from that night my dress broke when I was watching the season premiere of Mad Men in Times Square. Thank goodness F21 is open so late and in Times Square or I would have been riding home in a big I <3 NY tee. Which wouldn't have been awful.

Back up to my bike basket- Total mess. So much STUFF in there. I got a new piece of "Basket Candy" but I don't know his real name... yet- He was free in one of the Japanese fashion/lifestyle for adorable girls magazines we get at work.
Bike Basket Candy

This week I'm going to try to figure out how to wear some new stuff and some stuff I've been avoiding because I couldn't crack the case.

Today's photos were taken across the street from the United Nations building on self-timer of course. My commute got screwed over by major barricades, security, bomb squads, big black SUV's and all that. I heard Amanenenejenad from Iran was here/there. Obama's gonna be in town Wednesday. I'll be staying the hell away from this traffic area.

4 comments:

  1. Those shoes are cute like WHOA.

    I must admit, I'm a bit jealous of your sartorial creativity. I would have no clue how to wear booties like that and just end up never wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie9/20/2010

    So now I've got TWO blogs to look at now I've seen Shilo's!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Me and Shilo are going to meet-up when she moves back over here. She doesn't know it yet, but it's pretty much a date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and my traffic woes are because of the United Nations's General Assembly. I'll be staying the heck away from that for several, several days but I have to not be distracted when I ride by Bryant Park. I have to head North at 6th Ave.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.