This video is dedicated to my friend Malaika.
5 Boro Bike Tour Review from JPH on Vimeo.
I hated the tour for myself, but I loved it for the tourists. It was neat at times to see the skyline from different angles and ride on safe, car-free streets.
I think I just don't like bike tours, but I love summer streets.
Summer Streets is a more ideal scene for me.
It did freak me out a tiny bit to be so far south of the State of Liberty on my bike.
This is me in Staten Island. Normal clothes. It was not difficult.

The real highlight of my day was taking this pic of Bill Cunningham. I should have just gone back to bed right after this.

I was really miserable on the tour though, as in, mental anguish. I thought it would be more social for me. It was sad and lonely and everyone's faux Tour de France get-ups made me grossed-out, as in, how did I get myself mixed-up in this?!
Someone said to me at the end, "god bless you, you don't have bike shorts" and I was like "I am fine. You didn't have to wear that." -A sexy beer gut and full spandex.
People said "I can't believe you did this without any gears on that bike!" and again, I was really irritated and could barely respond with "I'm fine. This was just fine. " I was advised that the entire 40 mile tour is very flat and slow, and it was, and I was totally prepared. Seriously, my strapless bra to avoid tan lines was the most uncomfortable element of my day. I never had to get off and walk my bike. Please.
I also saw someone in clip-in pedals fall smooth over before the tour even started, so I'm sure all the people who buy that stuff feel the need to justify those purchases by breaking it all out big-time for every event possible.
I'm happy to be home here!

This is a 5 Boro Bike Tour Bike - Single speed, coaster brakes, panniers to hold snacks & sunscreen, handbag up-front to hold wallet, camera, phone.

Glad I raised money for Planned Parenthood through my fundraiser. Glad I saw Lindsey's new bicycle.
Over and out!
5/15/12 Update: I got a bunch of angry feedback on this post. This is "The Julie Blog" not the "Angry Anonymous Jerks" blog. This blog is about my opinions and life experiences.
Click away if you don't like it.
5 Boro Bike Tour Review from JPH on Vimeo.
I hated the tour for myself, but I loved it for the tourists. It was neat at times to see the skyline from different angles and ride on safe, car-free streets.
I think I just don't like bike tours, but I love summer streets.
Summer Streets is a more ideal scene for me.
It did freak me out a tiny bit to be so far south of the State of Liberty on my bike.
This is me in Staten Island. Normal clothes. It was not difficult.

The real highlight of my day was taking this pic of Bill Cunningham. I should have just gone back to bed right after this.

I was really miserable on the tour though, as in, mental anguish. I thought it would be more social for me. It was sad and lonely and everyone's faux Tour de France get-ups made me grossed-out, as in, how did I get myself mixed-up in this?!
Someone said to me at the end, "god bless you, you don't have bike shorts" and I was like "I am fine. You didn't have to wear that." -A sexy beer gut and full spandex.
People said "I can't believe you did this without any gears on that bike!" and again, I was really irritated and could barely respond with "I'm fine. This was just fine. " I was advised that the entire 40 mile tour is very flat and slow, and it was, and I was totally prepared. Seriously, my strapless bra to avoid tan lines was the most uncomfortable element of my day. I never had to get off and walk my bike. Please.
I also saw someone in clip-in pedals fall smooth over before the tour even started, so I'm sure all the people who buy that stuff feel the need to justify those purchases by breaking it all out big-time for every event possible.
I'm happy to be home here!

This is a 5 Boro Bike Tour Bike - Single speed, coaster brakes, panniers to hold snacks & sunscreen, handbag up-front to hold wallet, camera, phone.

Glad I raised money for Planned Parenthood through my fundraiser. Glad I saw Lindsey's new bicycle.
Over and out!
5/15/12 Update: I got a bunch of angry feedback on this post. This is "The Julie Blog" not the "Angry Anonymous Jerks" blog. This blog is about my opinions and life experiences.
Click away if you don't like it.