It's a Big Bike Weekend! It's finally 5 Boro Bike Tour Weekend!
I made my fundraising goal and I'm ready to do the ride. I've never been on the Staten Island Ferry before, and I'm excited to get to bike on the FDR.
Friday I'm running errands (picking up my team Planned Parenthood t-shirt race package and my tour race package) and going to the Expo. I'm going to be in the Momentum Mag Fashion Show which happens on Saturday at 11am and 3pm. I'll be tweeting @Juleskills and Instagramming it up, I'm sure.
In honor of Bike Month I made a video of some of my commute - the peaceful, pretty part in Central Park and then the wild part in Times Square. I sped it way up and the sound is yucky, so mute it. The visuals are plenty.
Super-speed bike to work from JPH on Vimeo.
This is my ride from Central Park to work (missing the part of my neighborhood, maybe another time) through Times Square to Garment Dist. into the building where I work.
I sped it way up to make it fit in under 2 minutes.
Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are! Happy Cindo de Mayo and Happy Birthday to my friend Meghan!
I made my fundraising goal and I'm ready to do the ride. I've never been on the Staten Island Ferry before, and I'm excited to get to bike on the FDR.
Friday I'm running errands (picking up my team Planned Parenthood t-shirt race package and my tour race package) and going to the Expo. I'm going to be in the Momentum Mag Fashion Show which happens on Saturday at 11am and 3pm. I'll be tweeting @Juleskills and Instagramming it up, I'm sure.
In honor of Bike Month I made a video of some of my commute - the peaceful, pretty part in Central Park and then the wild part in Times Square. I sped it way up and the sound is yucky, so mute it. The visuals are plenty.
Super-speed bike to work from JPH on Vimeo.
This is my ride from Central Park to work (missing the part of my neighborhood, maybe another time) through Times Square to Garment Dist. into the building where I work.
I sped it way up to make it fit in under 2 minutes.
Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are! Happy Cindo de Mayo and Happy Birthday to my friend Meghan!
Wow! what a ride. The Central Park ride would be a dream to do every day, but the Time Square part- yikes! Good for you girl!
ReplyDeleteWoah, that made me nervous just watching it! That takes some confidence.
ReplyDeleteBrenda
I love the Central Park part of your ride but riding in those mean city streets, Ugh! Heck I go through the same thing here in DC where you have a nice bike path and then it suddenly ends and your stuck between the bus and taxi cab, and then a pedestrian on his blackberry walks out with out looking. But there are good days too.
ReplyDeleteLove the video. Now how the heck did you hold your camera/Iphone?
I bought a JOBY Gorrilapod so I would stop murdering cameras and I realized it can wrap around and hold onto my handlebars. That's how I did it. Hands free & safe!
DeleteYikes! You urban cyclists are hardcore.
ReplyDeleteAmazing!
ReplyDeleteA great journey video!
ReplyDeleteVery busy city streets indeed. I had no idea that Central Park was so busy of traffic, I thought that it was a park! There is hardly any cycle space considering!
You have inspired me to do one in London to show you, but I have no camera with film option.
Whoa! That's hardcore.
ReplyDeleteScary... Really really scary. It looks too scary to drive, much less bike in NY streets. Even the park looked scary with all those cabs. You are a brave chickie :)
ReplyDeleteI am excited about the tour too!
ReplyDeletei live in an area with mostly right side bike lanes. i visited NYC recently and took a bike tour and was completely confuzzled with all the left side bike lanes. freaked me out even though most of them were with traffic. anyways, cool video. it looks like a hectic commute. although if i were to tape my commute, it would probably look hectic, too.
ReplyDeleteJulie, I poached your video and gave you a shout out on JBarCycling. My NYC sister-in-law has become a big fan!
ReplyDeleteJBar
http://jbarcycling.blogspot.com/