This is a blissful week for us Rachel Maddow fans. Her book, Drift, came out this week. Some of us were able to see her the other night at Barnes & Noble. I've seen her in the flesh before, but never this close-up.
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I hate to be the one, or another one to discuss her looks, but I can't not. I almost burst my eyeballs straining to figure out what those sneakers were. They are adidas, but I pored over the adidas website and can't find the style.
She looked extremely thin. Once before when I saw her, she had thick muscular forearms like my husband. She was a string bean on this occasion. She was so fucking adorable. Sofa. King. Adorable. I think she blushed a little when the crowd went bat-shit for her upon entry. There are quotes from what happened here.
In The Proust Questionnaire on Vanity Fair.com, my heart was lit aglow by the final question:
What is your motto?
“Safe and courageous.”
When I walked through the book signing line, or I should say- As I was quickly shoved through the extremely long book signing line, she looked up at me with an enthusiastic "Hi!" and to be brief and grateful I said "Thank you for being a good role model." And she said something like "Aww, that's so nice of you."

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I hate to be the one, or another one to discuss her looks, but I can't not. I almost burst my eyeballs straining to figure out what those sneakers were. They are adidas, but I pored over the adidas website and can't find the style.
She looked extremely thin. Once before when I saw her, she had thick muscular forearms like my husband. She was a string bean on this occasion. She was so fucking adorable. Sofa. King. Adorable. I think she blushed a little when the crowd went bat-shit for her upon entry. There are quotes from what happened here.
In The Proust Questionnaire on Vanity Fair.com, my heart was lit aglow by the final question:
What is your motto?
“Safe and courageous.”
When I walked through the book signing line, or I should say- As I was quickly shoved through the extremely long book signing line, she looked up at me with an enthusiastic "Hi!" and to be brief and grateful I said "Thank you for being a good role model." And she said something like "Aww, that's so nice of you."

I got to meet the person who runs The Best Maddow Fansite, MaddowFans. She was so sweet. She has no idea that she'll never get rid of me as an internet friend.
As an Aussie, I've neither seen nor heard of her before. But she's awfully cute, and now I've had a little google, I think she's my new crush. Thanks for the introduction. PS If I've posted this twice, sorry. My computer is doing my head in today!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I could introduce you, but I'm almost happier that she can count Australia as a safe place to sneak away and go un-noticed ;) Good for her!
Delete