How's my fundraising going for the 5 Boro Bike Tour you ask? Remember, I'm riding as a charity team rider benefitting Planned Parenthood. The ride is May 6th and the tour is 40 miles but my transport to and from the start-line should put me at riding about 60 miles on that day. My daily commute is like... seven miles round-trip. I need to train a little bit. Even though it's not a speedy competition race, I'm going to be socializing through it, I think/hope.
I'm at about 40% of my goal of $750. I heard I got a donation directly to the PP website and that was such sweet news. I'm selling the necklaces I was on Martha Stewart presenting to raise the monies. Shop here if you want a really useful accessory that will get tons of compliments and inquiries. I seriously end up telling my whole life story when I wear one. "Where'd you get that?" Leads to "Oh my goodness you made that?"
I support Planned Parenthood and I've been a volunteer on the PPNYC Activist Council for a little over a year. Mainly, I am a volunteer escort at the Manhattan clinic on a Saturday or two a month. That generally means I put on a smock and help the patients get past the protesters. (I went through training and there are guidelines and an awareness of rights, and post-shift reports but generally, you get the idea.)
I'm actually blogging about this tonight because one of the prettiest, most popular patterns is selling out and I can't get more of this fabric. This is a heads-up if you have your eye on the Southwest Print.

But this one is gorgeous too. It's about the shade that Martha chose to keep for herself.

It was the best day ever.

The necklace colors are kinda weird in this photo. I'm wearing Raspberry and she's wearing Plum. She totally loved me to deaf tho.
I'm at about 40% of my goal of $750. I heard I got a donation directly to the PP website and that was such sweet news. I'm selling the necklaces I was on Martha Stewart presenting to raise the monies. Shop here if you want a really useful accessory that will get tons of compliments and inquiries. I seriously end up telling my whole life story when I wear one. "Where'd you get that?" Leads to "Oh my goodness you made that?"
I support Planned Parenthood and I've been a volunteer on the PPNYC Activist Council for a little over a year. Mainly, I am a volunteer escort at the Manhattan clinic on a Saturday or two a month. That generally means I put on a smock and help the patients get past the protesters. (I went through training and there are guidelines and an awareness of rights, and post-shift reports but generally, you get the idea.)
I'm actually blogging about this tonight because one of the prettiest, most popular patterns is selling out and I can't get more of this fabric. This is a heads-up if you have your eye on the Southwest Print.

But this one is gorgeous too. It's about the shade that Martha chose to keep for herself.

It was the best day ever.

The necklace colors are kinda weird in this photo. I'm wearing Raspberry and she's wearing Plum. She totally loved me to deaf tho.
As do we all sweet Julie. Thanks for all you do for womanhood. You are my role model.
ReplyDeleteJust got a message that my polka dot necklace is on its way. Can't wait! Love your blog and style.
ReplyDelete