I'm reviewing a bicycle and I'm reviewing what I wore today.

Here we are on our morning commute.
Part A. What I wore.
Basic Denim button-up shirt; I feel sloppy in this, so I dress it up with suspenders

And a silk necklace I made.

My faux fur was benched for a while because it smelled so nasty from exhaust. Bastard trucks!
It was a gray day, so I went with my bright white bern helmet. J Brand jeans, Gap booties, Kate Spade bag has to be worn because I forgot to bring a basket for this bicycle.

Part B. The Bicycle.
For every negative thought I write here about this bicycle, I'm going to write a positive.
I want to keep everyone in suspense until my official review comes out in Momentum Magazine.
First, the bad news: This front logo thingie is peeling off.

Great news that will be repeated again and again and again because I can't get over it- This guy takes bumps like a freakin' cadillac. I don't really understand why, but when I go over bumps, like that nasty patch in Times Square, this bike feels very comfy and doesn't jar. I have to stand up a little and brace myself on my Linus those bumps are so bad.
This guy is smooth. Yes, I think this bicycle is a guy. A young man, not just a boy.
I also loved putting it in the low gear going around Central Park and passing the heck out of some other bikes.
But I need a basket. The handlebars are too light to carry even this small handbag without being a little loosey goosey. But it's silly and dangerous to carry your handbag on your handlebars anyway.

Some people have real problems and I'm glad I'm not one of them.

Here we are on our morning commute.
Part A. What I wore.
Basic Denim button-up shirt; I feel sloppy in this, so I dress it up with suspenders

And a silk necklace I made.

My faux fur was benched for a while because it smelled so nasty from exhaust. Bastard trucks!
It was a gray day, so I went with my bright white bern helmet. J Brand jeans, Gap booties, Kate Spade bag has to be worn because I forgot to bring a basket for this bicycle.

Part B. The Bicycle.
For every negative thought I write here about this bicycle, I'm going to write a positive.
I want to keep everyone in suspense until my official review comes out in Momentum Magazine.
First, the bad news: This front logo thingie is peeling off.

Great news that will be repeated again and again and again because I can't get over it- This guy takes bumps like a freakin' cadillac. I don't really understand why, but when I go over bumps, like that nasty patch in Times Square, this bike feels very comfy and doesn't jar. I have to stand up a little and brace myself on my Linus those bumps are so bad.
This guy is smooth. Yes, I think this bicycle is a guy. A young man, not just a boy.
I also loved putting it in the low gear going around Central Park and passing the heck out of some other bikes.
But I need a basket. The handlebars are too light to carry even this small handbag without being a little loosey goosey. But it's silly and dangerous to carry your handbag on your handlebars anyway.

Some people have real problems and I'm glad I'm not one of them.
why didn't you just bring your rear panniers ? it looks like there's room for your BASIL without any heel-strike
ReplyDeleteThey don't match. I'm going to use my black wire basket that hangs onto the rear rack.
DeleteI have to say the bike looks good - the lugs, the colour, the proportions. I would love to see it in person. Is there toe overlap with the front wheel when you turn? Looking forward to your review!
ReplyDeleteI love your comment at the end, "some people have real problems and I am glad I am not one of them" and I love your blog! Just found it, and it's slowly inspiring me to finally repair my relationship with my lonely bicycle. I just always feel guilty about riding places, like I should be bringing my pup and walking. Unfortunately I cannot bike to work, so I want to spend all my off time possible with my sweet dog.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if this bike handles bumps better than your linus dutchi because it has more Chromoly tubes. I think only the downtube on the linus is Chromoly, rest Aluminum.
ReplyDeleteYour eyelash makeup is great, you should teach others