Notice a new friend in this photo?

I feel like I'm caught in a scandal and cheating on my lady. I mounted an unfamiliar frame this evening and it felt a little dirty. I'm going to have this Nirve Wilshire Mixte bicycle for a few weeks, and I'm going to write a review for Momentum Magazine.
I feel like I'm going to get busted by my bicycle, Kate the Linus.

The only thing I can tell you about this green bicycle so far is that it does not have a bell, so I felt even more scandalous when I realized I was being a law-breaking hooligan with no bicycle bell.
Ok, I can also tell you it's delightfully lightweight and has a sturdy kickstand to keep it erect for a quick photo shoot in the dark.
I rode home along the newly re-opened East River Esplanade next to some gorgeous full-moon light.

I am very excited to be doing this review for Momentum. I'm excited to participate and write a review based on my opinions as a Lady Bicycle Rider.
Good night and good luck!

I feel like I'm caught in a scandal and cheating on my lady. I mounted an unfamiliar frame this evening and it felt a little dirty. I'm going to have this Nirve Wilshire Mixte bicycle for a few weeks, and I'm going to write a review for Momentum Magazine.
I feel like I'm going to get busted by my bicycle, Kate the Linus.

The only thing I can tell you about this green bicycle so far is that it does not have a bell, so I felt even more scandalous when I realized I was being a law-breaking hooligan with no bicycle bell.
Ok, I can also tell you it's delightfully lightweight and has a sturdy kickstand to keep it erect for a quick photo shoot in the dark.
I rode home along the newly re-opened East River Esplanade next to some gorgeous full-moon light.

I am very excited to be doing this review for Momentum. I'm excited to participate and write a review based on my opinions as a Lady Bicycle Rider.
Good night and good luck!

How exciting to try a new bike out. Let me know what it's like. Also thanks for your comment on my blog. It was a nice surprise.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I'll be up in NYC this weekend meeting up with some fabulous ladies from a fashion site I post on. I'll be staying in SoHo and need to know if there are any bike /running trails close by, like the greenway. If not, don't worry about it.
If you stay in SoHo you can pretty easily run to the East Side or West Side Greenways to run. You could also just run around on the sidewalks. I wouldn't consider any of it a "trail"
DeleteHave fun!
That bike looks gorgeous!!! I've really been enjoying reading your blog. It makes me miss NYC a bit more, but in a good way. :)
ReplyDeleteThat last photo is a knockout. Spectacular!
ReplyDeleteI'll be interested in hearing about the bike. I haven't heard of that brand.
Cool! But oh, rats! I'm coming to NYC next week and was hoping to spot you buzzing around with your pink wheels... never mind, I'll just have to squint a bit harder at all the passing cyclists to see if you're one of them. Have fun with your trial!
ReplyDeleteAs the proud owner of a mountain bike named Penny (~regionally famous!~) (kind of) I can tell I'm going to LOVE your blog. I wish you had a facebook link though! I forget to check back but if you post links or have a page i can *like*, it's nice to have that reminder pop up.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see they gave you a bike with rim brakes. Kate is great. But since she has a coaster brake, which cooks up all the grease inside that rear wheel's hub, Kate will probably run through rear wheels pretty fast since you ride her everyday 365/7 like a boss.
ReplyDeleteRuthie, you are so wise. I don't really know about mechanical bicycle stuff like that. I seriously just ride all the time and worry about where my purse is going to go, you know? I'm excited about learning.
DeleteIt's kind of a treat to get some hand brakes but I'll talk more about that after I have this bike for several more rides.
so odd without the pink... but matches the lack of snow NYC is having... cheers.
ReplyDelete