I've seen photos of people doing this-
Stupid? Probably. Helpful, yes! The raindrops falling out of the trees in Central Park are major, so I went ahead and popped the umbrella. It was pretty nice. I rode at a coast-pace. I knew my route extremely well.
This video re-enactment took place in the confines of my apartment building alley.
I got DRENCHED running out during lunchtime. We attempted to go to the Beauty Bus but it was a Beauty Bust and we got drenched.
I started the day in sporty Converse- I might venture to say the best bicycle shoe in my opinion-

But since these were sopping wet- I was lucky to have some new Gap booties on-deck

I also added leggings because I was freezing. I have a file drawer in my desk at work that has nothing but clothes in it.
Under my unbrella-ella-ella at a stop light.

It was fine. I used it through Central Park where the raindrops can put your eye out (huge because of the trees) and I used for several avenues til the rain slacked off. I only went at a coasting pace, if that makes sense. Luckily- I do not have hand brakes so I don't have to worry about working those.
Hands-free Coaster Brakes + Umbrella = Good stuff!
Stupid? Probably. Helpful, yes! The raindrops falling out of the trees in Central Park are major, so I went ahead and popped the umbrella. It was pretty nice. I rode at a coast-pace. I knew my route extremely well.
This video re-enactment took place in the confines of my apartment building alley.
I got DRENCHED running out during lunchtime. We attempted to go to the Beauty Bus but it was a Beauty Bust and we got drenched.
I started the day in sporty Converse- I might venture to say the best bicycle shoe in my opinion-

But since these were sopping wet- I was lucky to have some new Gap booties on-deck

I also added leggings because I was freezing. I have a file drawer in my desk at work that has nothing but clothes in it.
Under my unbrella-ella-ella at a stop light.

It was fine. I used it through Central Park where the raindrops can put your eye out (huge because of the trees) and I used for several avenues til the rain slacked off. I only went at a coasting pace, if that makes sense. Luckily- I do not have hand brakes so I don't have to worry about working those.
Hands-free Coaster Brakes + Umbrella = Good stuff!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's dumb at all. I've gotten props from strangers sitting on their porches for being able to ride and hold an umbrella at the same time. (I have hand brakes though so the hand holding the umbrella has to have a strong thumb on it because that's all you have to press the brake with).
ReplyDeleteI love your outfit! Head to toe, umbrella included, totally cute. There are websites dedicated to riding in skirts and dresses - like Bike Fancy and Cycle Chic - and you'd be completely at home brightening those pages. At the risk of offending your hubby, I confess I'm entranced at your skirted ride. Now - how about that skirt? So many billow, or are snug and ride up, but yours is just right. Is that just because you aren't riding faster? A bit of lycra in the fabric can help, and if it's a little heavy. More info on the skirt? I love the boots! Interesting way to hook'em up for pedaling.
ReplyDeleteYour outfits are adorable and can't wait to see more of your Fall/Winter wear since I ride to work too. BTW, I loved the Gap booties and ended up buying a pair. Can you say comfortable and cool at the same time?
ReplyDelete