9/27/11

Elected Official

A shade of self tan
Last night I went to the meeting where I became an officially elected member of the Democratic County Committee for New York County in the 65th Assembly District.
Dem County Committee Meeting
Dem County Committee Meeting
My campaign only required the collection of signatures to put me on a ballott and I was not opposed. I don't have very many duties and I really signed myself up for this because I am dedicated to working hard to elect Democrats, especially Barack Obama. I already have the 2012 Democratic National Convention dates on my Google calendar from which I operate all my appointments. (Other appointments examples "Purchase ballet tickets" and "Moonlight Ride")

This is what I wore when I became official. The meeting was great because the Parliamentary Procedure was tight and there was lots of cheering and clapping from the attendees. And socializing!
Monday!
I do feel a little bad for the flip-flops but... I wasn't the only one in sandals and at least mine were gold.

I'm wearing Democrat Blue tops this week. Just a coincidence.
A shade of self tan
I am self-tanned in preparation for a quickly approaching Miami vacation (husband is on business - I'm an enthusiastic tag-a-long.) My hair is a little lighter all-over too. Skin darker, hair lighter.

I have found some bike stuff for Miami and I think I'll be utilizing their bike share.
Sadly, I'm flying Friday night and missing Critical Mass rides for the Occupy Wall Street Protest in New York City and the Miami Crit Mass. Major shucks.

I do plan on taking supplies to the Occupy Wall Street citizens on Thursday when I'm off from work for Rosh Hashanah holiday. (If the Jews of my company can give me a holiday, I can take the occupiers of wall street some juice boxes and such.)


5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! The world needs more awesome bikey women as elected officials. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might make you the first NY elected to visit Occupy Wall Street. I see big things in your future...especially if those are some quality juice boxes!

    M.Y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/28/2011

    Congratulations to you, Julie! I am sure you will make a great elected DEM party member. Please tell the President I am all for Class Warfare! I wish I could join Occupy Wall Street. It's about time and my inner French Girl just loves a good revolution. If you've never read A Tale of Two Cities, then I highly recommend it. Very timely and Madame DeFarge really is more sympathetic in the book than in any of the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/02/2011

    WooHoooo Julie that is awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - that's excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.