
Monday cargo skinny pants. It's really pleasant and not sweaty-madness summertime in New York City.

These both fit in my bike basket.
My bag situation is cute right now. L.A.M.B. butterfly print bag and J.Crew canvas tote.
Monday after running home and scarfing our routine Monday night sushi, Matt and I rode our bikes to Times Square to meet-up with a group from our college.

It was so much fun to be around young Arkansas people! We mainly checked out Times Square. They were just stopped through from Egypt headed back to Arkie tomorrow morning.

Roxy strawberry cheesecake.
Saturday I went to Michael's Craft Store and this awesome crocheted bike rack and tree welcomed Kate Middleton with open, cozy arms!

Every Michael's should have this set-up out front. Kudos UWS Michael's!
Sunday I marched IN the Gay Pride Parade and I'm so glad I did!
The theme for my group, Planned Parenthood, was "Sports" because the parade Grand Marshall was Dan Savage, whose saying is "Good, Giving and Game" re: sexy times. I went to the sporting goods store Saturday morning and worked out these sporty badminton-themed outfits.
Front of the shirt says "Planned Parenthood - Serving up - Safe Sex - Sex Ed - Pride - NYC"
Back had big badminton birdies and said "NYC Pride '11" and "Celebrating equal rights (because gay marriage passed in New York late Friday if you've been under a rock) for all the little birdies" Because shuttlecocks are also called "Birdies"

I was elated to discover that Beauty Queen Kitty Hiccups was behind us in the parade line-up.


Yaaaay! For Kitty! She is an amazing singer and showgirl!
Friday night I did end up going back to Central Park for Part 2 of Florence and the Machine and it was awesome! Bonnie-dog got to go hang with the ladies way past her bedtime (matt was out of town)

I love it when Bonnie gets to ride in a taxi! I feel special for her.
Bonnie chilling with the cool girls listening to Florence.

Hanging on for dear life as I scoop up all possible fun this summer!
Thank you for your awesome summer posts! I am stuck indoors studying for a big exam all summer and these posts are getting me through! Yay for vicarious living via the interwebs!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous right now! It's raining out here in CA so shorts and bike rides are out of the question today. :( :(
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog and so loving it. Keep posting. I, too, am a commuter rider here in city of DC and like to dress up when I ride. Unfortunately, DC is not as fashionable as NYC (actually not at all) but I do like to ride in heels ocassionally. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you guys! I'll keep living hard all summer long, don't you worry!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Rah, rah, rah New York! Just love Dan Savage; been reading him for years.
ReplyDeleteLove your posts!! If you ever want to sell that LAMB butterfly print bag, PLEASE let me know. I am desperate to own it and would pay $$$!! my email address is borntoblossom88(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDelete