2/9/11

Creepy Leggings, Shopping Aspirations and Lipstick Techniques

These bike pics are from Tuesday - Today/Wednesday was 15º and that is absolutely out of the question. I took the most door-to-door route: Nearest corner Bus + Subway that goes closest to the office.
IMGP3452
I got these soft mauve-colored tights at H&M for a buck. A dollar. The color is pretty on the package, but I learned a gross lesson- This color is too close to my real, actual skin color. This looks disgusting. I threw them away in the afternoon and put on some different ones from my collection of clothes that are in my desk at work.

My hair looks like an unstylish middle-aged woman, so you can't see it large size in Flickr so don't even try to click on this.
IMGP3453
IMGP3454

We got our new sofa, but I don't have a solid opinion formed just yet.

Tomorrow night I'm going to a Wonder Woman/MAC makeup event. I hope I learn some stuff and have the guts to boss people around and get them to take photos. I'll also do my best to remember to take a notebook and take notes!

Tonight I tried to go to LeSportSac to get this but they were closed - at 6- Boo! I don't know which print I want. I don't like their online shopping system because they show illustrations of the prints. I need to see them for real.

I also tried to see if Lilly Pulitzer has an iPad Case and they don't yet- But they answered in unison that they would have it soon. They're going to call me. I also spied an amazingly gorgeous pink and GOLD dress, and the online pics don't do it justice. I think it might be on sale by the time it's time for a pink & Gold strapless fancy dress. (Today I booked travel for a spring Chicago wedding so maybe that'll be the case?)

This is headband hair with a beanie on top - sorry. I feel disgusting not having cute wisps peeking out of my beanie, but it was 15º this morning. My ears made me do it. I did my Distraction Technique- third day dirty hair went into a messy/chunky headband and this lip was the distracting agent. It worked! The pic is to document the L'Oreal lipstick - Ravishing Red.
L'Oreal Lipstick
I got this lipstick color by asking the girl at Bed Bath & Beyond which red was from the Gwen Stefani commercial. After reading articles, I don't think this is the one, but it looks pretty good. It wore well today but I set it up with a great foundation: Concealer, powder, lip-liner, lipstick. I reapplied after lunch and again later in the afternoon, but it never totally went away - But my prep-game is on point.

2 comments:

  1. i love the location of your photos! it's beautiful! and that lipstick color looks AWESOME on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree great back drop great pics nice work thanks for the blog

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.