
I didn't try it on at the store. I have faith in my MAC at Henri Bendel counter people. I also do best with matte lipstick. I put this on at 8am and it could have lasted all night with minor touch-ups.

I've had this outfit picked out for a while. I saved it for 1. Cold weather - There's a cardigan on top of that blouse under the cape.
-And 2. A special occasion.


Emily and I went to see Amy Sedaris at Barnes & Noble at Union Square. We paid (gulp!) $30 for her new book. I got there over an hour early and the first seating area was quite full. Get there early if you're going to see her!
We hung in there for the signing line. She had these big prop-posters that she got from her set on The Early Show. She let us each have one. All we did was ask nicely if they were all accounted for. (Her rabbit-sitter claimed one.) We negotiated these lovelies!

I LOVE my stretching one! I think I found a spot in our apartment for it. Maybe.
Of course the personalized these posters for us. They're on foam-core. Rugged!
The first book she ever signed for me she wrote "Drinking Kills Feeling" Which is true, but tonight she spiced it up after some conversation about my hair. I told her she has complimented my hair in the past then she turned things into "You look like a little stewardess"


This outfit and new lipstick got me a zillion billion compliments throughout the course of the day. Young and old loved my look. The keds aren't really November appropriate so I need to work on a winter-substitution. I'm thinking Converse Chuck Taylors but I'm scared they're too masculine. But I might find some at the right price and try them out.
Amy had on the same style glasses that Rachel Maddow wears that Matt is going to get after we save up a lot of money to get them for him - Moscots. I've got to not buy anything so we can save up for these cute glasses! Wish me luck...
I was quite skeptical about the orange/red lipstick, but it looks lovely on you!
ReplyDelete