11/2/10

Re-Routed!

Re-route to the west side West Side Scenery.

The Marathon isn't til' Sunday but the Grand Stands are up and I got re-routed and rode almost a whole extra mile if you believe in the iMapMyRide App.





































I love this little stopping place. I set my camera up on a low, flat-topped wooden fence/barricade thing that separates the walking path from the street and self-timer it.
Ride to work

I got this wonderful 80's Jordache brand jacket at a thrift shop in Malvern, Arkansas.
Tuesday Fall Ride to Work

See how my hair is all flat on top? That means I need to book a haircut.

THis is what's going on under that huge coat, glasses and helmet:
Base Layer
Target necklace and a cheap TJ Maxx Top with strips of studs on the shoulders. -Both purchased in Raleigh, NC recently.

Here's my Panda portrait on the way home. Don't hate on my non-matching, not even in an ironic way orange gloves. Gloves are a must right now and these were the most full-coverage ones I could find.
On the way home Panda
I love the leather spike patches on the shoulders of this jacket. I saw some plum leather driving gloves in a spread today but I don't know who makes them, but I need some! My bicycle temperature tolerance is fine in the high 30's so it looks like I'll be riding much of the winter (I hope) so I need ear coverage and super cute little gloves. Fingerless driving gloves are great, because I can still work my phone and camera. When I'm stopped of course!

4 comments:

  1. Back when I first moved to NY and worked as a bike messenger, I found that as long as you have a decent hat, gloves, and a bandana or scarf to cover your nose and chin with, it's actually really comfortable riding in temps as low as 20º. MUCH moreso than walking. I'd see people walking around in their giant sleepingbag coats while I sweated wearing only a thin rain coat with a sweater underneath and think about how they were suckers for voluntarily being cold. Below 20º is a different story however.

    Anyway, my point is, you can do it! Bravo for making it even this far into the winter! You are no longer a fair-weather cyclist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie11/04/2010

    I don't mind cycling in the cold but don't like the rain, unless I'm caught up in it and then somehow don't mind it then.

    I do cycle in a few more layers than you & in winter tend to be more 'outdoorsy' than fashionista but maybe because I'm heaps older than you. I do however try to look a bit co-ordinated at the same time & I heard someone once describe me as 'elegant' on a video but I would hardly describe myself as such. I'm certainly not a lycra club-jersey type of cyclist.

    When I had to dress smart for work I used to keep clothes in the office. By the way, how does that Bern helmet fit please as I'm thinking of buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Marie11/04/2010

    I'm waiting to see all your lovely outfits you're going to wear for winter! The furry coats are just so sweet.

    I don't know how you manage to look so good on a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne Marie11/05/2010

    Hi, it's me again! I was in a charity (thrift) shop and saw some necklaces like you make. They didn't tie though and the colours were a bit ... how shall I say, dull! The beads were smaller than yours.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.