10/18/10

Shrimp & Grits and all that Good Shi*

Today I did NOT ride the bike. I took my sewing machine on the BUS and then the SUBWAY and it completely sucked. I was nervous someone might bang into it and break off one of the plastic parts that poke out and it was h-e-a-v-y.
This sucked
The great news is that it should be repaired tomorrow afternoon and I'll bring it home in a cab.

But I still got stuff done tonight. I made two no-sew tutus.
The black one will be for her cat look during the day, and she will add the purple one and corresponding belt for the witch look at night. She's going to be the most adorable witch ever.
No Sew Tutus After shape-up haircut
I actually made the ends of the tulle flat or straight-across, but then cut them into angles after it was done. I think it looks prettier for the edges to be in angles. I hung it here on the coat rack and sort-of gave it a tutu "haircut" I also wanted the purple layer to be shorter so the black would peek out beneath it.
No sew tutus before

After work today I was walking through Bryant Park and they are ASSEMBLING THE ICE-SKATING RINK! Time is going by too fast! It was just summer-summer-summertime!
Cape Monday

Cape Monday
This cape is another button make-over piece. The cape was about $34.99 at TJ Maxx a while back. Maybe last October, but the buttons were shameful and I got these fancy ones for it which were about $30. It's still overall an affordable, nice piece. And it even has pockets.

I was able to be productive in part tonight, because we had shrimp & grits leftovers.
I cooked on the dollhouse oven last night.
Getting organized.
This skillet looks HUGE on the tiny stovetop.
Shrimp & Grits

Of course it was a Martha Stewart recipe. And it was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Anne Marie10/20/2010

    I love these pictures of your dolls house kitchen although I am not so organized to cook, I've too much stuff. Mine is probably smaller in size but it's got worktops around and I still get cluttered when I'm cooking.
    I had my sewing machine on the ironing board in the conservatory and caught my foot in the flex and it fell on the floor and the thread holder snapped in half. It just works but is a bit wobbly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cape!! That's a fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.