1. I threw away all the plants we killed this summer. It's a cute idea to grow stuff on our terrace, but it's not so cute to forget those plants exist and let them dry-up and turn to dust in the sun.
2. I cleaned my make-up brushes! This should really be every Saturday Business but this is the first time in weeks. They will perform better and feel better and stop contaminating my skin with dirty old funk.

I have several MAC brand brushes, but I also have bunches of the $1 variety that have worked out great and lasted for years. You never know with make-up brushes. I'm hardest on my concealer brush & angled blush brush.
I rolled a towel at each end so they wouldn't lay flat and the ends wouldn't get bent while they dried.

3. I organized my jewelry & accessories a little bit. The overall situation isn't great. They really should all be in ONE PLACE together but they're not. But they're in the same area of my dressing area.

That gold watch came from my father's company on a milestone anniversary of him working there and I got it right after my mom died so it's almost 10 years old. It needs a new battery but I'm ready to wear it this fall & winter. It's skinny Gold Watch time. I also have a gold watch ring there and I hope a new battery can save it. It's really cute!
My chunky bracelets are in these containers from The Container Store.

This antique toolbox isn't the best thing for this storage...

-Or I need to outfit the whole thing with acrylic trays like these.

I put all my pearl things in this Strawberry Shortcake food container for their own protection.

This is what my wardrobe looks like right now. It's time for us to do a fall-switch-out at our Mini-Storage unit.

Sorry to be repetitive... But if you don't already know - we live in a 375sf tenement apartment and I don't have a closet. My husband gets the (awful, skinny) closet and the drawers you see on the bottom here. My things that would typically be found in drawers are in the baskets & boxes you see on this wardrobe system.
I'm still so glad Laura Cattano, the professional organizer who came over and assessed the place acted like I didn't have that much clothes. Bless you, Laura!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.