9/13/10

Bike.Outfit.Monday.

Bike Outfit Pics - Lincoln Center MFBW
The gray sky and the stairs worked so awesome with my gray tank. This is at Lincoln Center RIGHT where Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is going on. I actually started out trying to get the sign for MBFW in the shot but it didn't work out. Please note: I take these photos by pulling off the street really fast and propping the camera on a trash can or my helmet or some other stationary object and take a few and get back on my way. I'm deathly afraid of strangers asking me what the hell I'm doing or even worse- asking if they can take the pics for me.

This morning MAC OPulash Mascara had my lashes Bumpin'! They were crazy today! Good hair & Lash day.
IMGP0207

Then I used my Fafi for MAC limited edition (this is O-L-D) lipstick to spice up my gray/black outfit.
Fafi for MAC lipstick
I've also been on top of my lipstick game since my hair is so short.

But my hair is doing cute things.
Lashes Bumpin' Today

BREAKING NEWS: I rode in HEELS for the first time today. My Cowgirl boots were the warm-up.
Purple Polly Bike Shoes

It was totally fine! I loved it. No issues. And these are freakin' mules. A pump would be a cake-walk.

For my after work commute, I really wanted to go by the address given for Dr. Faye on Mad Men 72nd & Broadway! But it started raining so I had to abort the mission. I got my ass rained on on my way home! It's safe to take pics like this in Central Park with no cars around.
Sad, rained on self

Here's a peek at the potential "spread" of the saggy crotch of these awesome Serueru pants. They're so comfy and grrreat for bicycle riding!
Bike Outfit - Atmosphere Shot
If I would actually go to the gym more than once a month... my triceps/arms could look badashell.

6 comments:

  1. 1. You are MAD BRAVE for taking your photos alone. I suppose I assumed that you commuted with your husband and he took them. I feel awkward enough when my Mister takes mine in public areas, it must be weird x1000 to model for the trash can or newspaper box or whatever.

    2. Your eyelashes are insane! Do you curl them? How do you get them so stick-uppy? I kind of don't believe they are real. C'mon, tell the truth, there's totally a couple falsies popped in there for shock length right? right?!

    3. Yes, your hair is super cute. Makes-me-want-to-cut-mine-off cute. The little flips and curls it's doing is adorbs and that's exactly how my hair acts (on a phenomenal hairday) when I've had it short in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie9/13/2010

    I can't understand how you can so quickly find the position with your camera to get all of you in! I've tried it occasionally but usually chopped off my head! Presumably you look where you're going to stand and might lose some.

    I'd also be worried about someone nicking my camera! Maybe I should get a cheapo one. I've not got a pic of me with my Gitane bike yet. I'm waiting for my shopping pannier to arrive from londoncyclechic.co.uk (there's a link from there to a USA one) as it might just enhance the picture.

    Yes, your eyelashes are soooo long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like there are enough crazy people doing crazy things on the streets of New York that it's no biggie for me to take pics. I try to find a calm or desolate area but I work really fast. I kind of know what angles will work and I take a test shot of my bike parked, then I know how tall I am next to it and I make sure I'm getting all that area around the bike.

    I know benches are usually too low and garbage cans are just right. I learned this method from a blogger who would prop her camera on the bumper of parked cars!

    I also am not scared of getting my camera stolen as much as I worry about it falling and breaking when I balance it on silly things. I actually decided this morning (because I put it in a very dangerous place) that I need to find a little tiny portable/travel tripod.

    But also, thieves should suspect that I'll hop on my bike and chase their ass down. And no, I never do this foolishness with my DSLR. Only my below $150 pocket cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne Marie9/14/2010

    You could do with one of those with three flexible legs, I"m not sure what they are called but you can put them on uneven surfaces as they are very adjustable. I'll have to practice that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally needs some new mascara...I'm sold.
    MC Hammer pants have come back? I was just thinking of those pants the other day too. Funny.
    Um...your bike looks a lot like mine. I have the Schwinn Jenny. It looks like the yellow version of yours. I put a basket on the front though. Her beautiful photo is posted all over my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hammer pants in the watered-down "harem pant" form are everywhere but maybe that's just my life. I do a lot of fashion trend research.

    I am a fan of the jenny! I'll have to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.