9/14/10

72nd & Broadway

I successfully went to 72nd & Broadway to see the approximate address of Dr. Faye Miller from Mad Men. I think she's a good lady for the new direction Don is taking. (Don, please don't screw around on her!)

I don't have background info- but if you're a crazy fan who has googled this - here are the images from standing in the little strip between Broadway & Amsterdam Avenues. There's a pretty old subway entrance there.

I got there and then I was confused. First thing, I noticed the Urban Outfitters. What?
72nd & Broadway NYC

72nd & Broadway NYC

Then the Bank of America and the Trader Joe's. I might have to look up old building info. I noticed an apartment building called "The Alexandria" a little bit west on 72nd. Who knows.

72nd & Broadway NYC

72nd & Broadway NYC

This building is really on 72nd & Amsterdam:
72nd & Broadway NYC

It's really fun to live in New York City and hear or read about a celebrity or TV Location and go see it immediately if the weather is good. I would have died if Faye Miller or if anyone on Mad Men gives my address. I would LOVE THAT!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lisa Braswell9/14/2010

    Hi Julie! I used to live in that area a gazillion years ago...I lived down 72nd at Riverside Dr. When I was a kid, the building where Urban Outfitters is located was, of course, an older building and there was a movie theatre on the Broadway side...the Embassy. Here is a link I found online...http://cinematreasures.org/theater/7826/

    I love your blog...it makes me so homesick for NYC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! Thank you & thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your street pics! I read your blog a lot and love all your photos but the street pics are so amazing. I keep telling my family I'm gonna start biking to work like you...but I haven't done it yet. Maybe soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.