
They may have been as much as $8 at the Goodwill. I don't really thrift for pants because it's too hard, but these were off by themselves and the gray acid wash caught my eye.
Huge Hello Kitty at Lever House on Park Ave.

Ok, ok, ok - SO EXCITING! I got a travel speaker for my bicycle! This was $20 at Target.com. My ordering/shipping/free shipping process has been kind-of terrible but the goods are so solid I barely care.

This is the Philips Puck Travel Mp3 speaker. I'm going to hook up my iPod Nano with a sweet public playlist.
The other people reviewed it and loved the little carrying bag and it's true- You don't want it to get scraped up because it's so shiny and little and pretty.

So I just took the little carrying case- put the speaker "On" and hooked up to my iPhone and hung it on my handlebars. Party on wheels!
The case is made of some kind of nylon weave and the music played right through it and the shiny, pretty speaker was protected from banging around on my bars.
it actually stayed put in the center during the ride.

I need to get a cool playlist fixed-up because there are situations, say, at a stop light where you are entertaining a small crowd with your music.
But overall - I'm SO HAPPY to have MUSIC for my rides! I've been looking for the perfect tiny travel bicycle speaker for my ipod.
It's too dangerous to wear headphones and this isn't super-crazy loud. When I was next to a large delivery truck - his idling engine completely drowned this out, however, on less-crazy streets my MADONNA was coming through loud and clear!
Like the jeans. I sold my Killah 'highish' waist on Ebay. Although expensive, not shaped too well around crutch and so they slide down & you get that low crutch look I hate. Don't like real hipsters as I do have a bit of flesh I prefer to enclose!
ReplyDeleteI love Killah brand! I need to get back in touch with it. It typically doesn't fall into "Summer of Cheap" as seriously as I've been living it though-
ReplyDeleteThey were on Ebay, £15.00 so, cheap for Killah but not cheap for Ebay. I'm selling loads just now, must remember not to BUY loads either.
ReplyDeleteHave you seen my bike pictures? The pink one I've sold and the green one I bought!
You know what? I don't know how to find your photos or anything. Are you my contact on Flickr? I searched using your rocketmail and I couldn't find you on Flickr. If you have a blog, please throw me the link!
ReplyDeleteI'm either Friend or Contact. Username Beetlebird as I did this a while ago before putting stuff on.
ReplyDeleteSome photos are REALLY old (remember I'm an OLD bird) but there are some from a cycling promotion day I did in June at Manchester University. I'm going to try to get some nice photos taken on my green Gitane with something a bit girly on!
I think you have to list me as a friend or contact or both. Another friend Geoff Apps has just confirmed me as a friend, I had added him as friend/contact. The other person on my list invited me months ago and I never did anything about it. I suppose I was a little afraid of putting photos on.
ReplyDeleteThere are photos in my photostream which are bikes & pics I have taken of other people. Let me know how you go on. You can always email the rocketmail address. I don't list my 'normal' email address on sites.
Hi Julie! I found your picture of the Kate Spade NY Case and I was wondering if you would mind taking some pictures of it. I wanted to buy one of the Kate Spade cases for my iTouch, but was concerned about the thickness/durability. Maybe you could do a mini-review?
ReplyDeleteI'd be most thankful.
-Brittany
I love the looks of this case. One of my teenage cousins really liked it and that reaffirmed the cool factor in my mind. I think an iPod touch is skinnier than iPhone, right? I think it would work, but the case would be kind of loose. My case is loose from wear & tear and from me squeezing it into my blue-jean pockets. It's still adequately protective even though it's loose.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could write on the inside to put my contact info if I lose the phone again (I've lost my phone twice and kind strangers have returned it to me by looking in the phone and contacting me through FB or by calling my husband but now I have a passcode just in case I lose it again, I don't want them going through my email & social networking business.) But I keep my husband's business card inside it behind the phone so hopefully, if I lose it, they will call him.