7/5/10

To Arkansas & Back

Farm Panorama
I think I should have put up a warning post - I have been away. I've been pleasantly "unplugged" as well. No real internet for days and days. I refused when offered.
This farm was an exhilirating sight for my NYC dirty-sidewalk-and-greasey-pigeon eyes.

I did a lot of thrift shopping but I mailed almost all of it home. It will be several days before it gets delivered and cleaned or aired out and worked into the wardrobe, but I'm excited to take pics and share the goodness!

My first morning in Arkansas, I had a euphoric Wal-Mart Experience.
All of this wonderful booty was less than $50.
All the sweet goods I got at Wal-Mart

$15 wal-mart outfit! I asked a few people and no one believes in Keds. It's almost like - I didn't ask you - I'm telling you - adorable girls in New York City are wearing Keds and the fact that wal-mart has these cute ones for $5... and you don't care? Get into it.
$15 Wal-Mart Outfit
The romper is OP at Wal-Mart and it's a size 11 - 13 from the girls section. Fake wal-mart keds $5.
I think I'm the skinniest I've been since I was 20 and had a crazy summer break-up and sad time where all I did was go running and go to my ONE summer school class.
Legs skinniest they've been in years (10 years I think)

I tried to eat "well" in Arkansas. It's super hard! But I barely ate Sonic. I went into Kroger grocery stores MANY TIMES to buy huge containers of cut-up fruit to eat, but of course, I fell into the arms of fat-hell a few times. When I did fall, I only ate half of it.

My blog gets traffic from people looking for "Skinny Girl Snacks" and I have news for you- It's fruit. Fruit is the #1 Skinny Girl Snack in the world.
This "coffee drink" at McDonald's made me want to cry, it's so fat-nasty. This is like a sugar water with a "pump" of fake coffee flavor in it. I drank some of it then added diet coke to make it less horrific. It tastes amazing but I wanted to cry because I was putting it in my body. (I ran the next morning, literally, around the neighborhood.)
Skinny Bitch Breakfast

Peaches for breakfast -
Skinny Girl Breakfast
Then I peeled an orange and ate that sucker!
Skinny Snacks
Of all the price comparisons I did - NYC vs. Arkansas - Fruit prices weren't really cheaper than NYC. Sad.
A banana is $1 at Sonic and a banana is never ever more than fifty cents in New York.

1 comment:

  1. Anne Marie7/05/2010

    This is nothing to do with this latest blog, I've just been reading your website and about your Mum. It did upset me as you were very young. You are very much like her. I also watched your necklace making spot, it was very interesting and such a very simple but effective design.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.