

I got the tip from Suze Orman's Twitter. Yes, the money/power/lesbian who reminisces in her book about wearing her freshest Sassoon pants to her job interview at Merryl Lynch. I LOVE Suze! She said she walked by this and saw Gaga's dress. My Husband is torturing me by playing video games for days, so I got my best friend, Bonnie, and we walked down to check it out. Suze called it, ya'll! I'm so glad she gave me the tip!
This is def. Anne H. but I can't remember Golden Globes, I think? Love her!

She's a "pale sister" of mine! One of my favorite NYC stories is when she introduced herself to me as "Annie." My girl.

Warning below... no make-up... And a Fanny Pack! Don't judge.
My baby girl was not impressed with any of this madness.

More pics are in a little set on Flickr. There were dresses on the inside of the store too, but I was there after hours. 5th Ave. is bananas during the day. And the dresses on the inside weren't sparkly. I'm so happy that I can literally walk out the front door with my crazy old dog and go see wonderful stuff like this.
Here's a dress Beyonce wore. Just smothered in chains & rhinestone goodness:

Beyonce is my other sister.
I just heard about Michelle Obama's Inaugural Ball gown going on display this week at the Smithsonian and Catching a Wild Hair + a China Town Bus ticket might take me to see that display really soon! Historic Fashion exhibits are my absolute favorite in the whole world. Love!
Great pics. The first is the gown Lady GaGa wore to the Grammys, right?
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen those yet - that looks pretty amazing. And I love that Suze story. My heart always breaks for her when she retells how they thought she wore that outfit to mock them.
ReplyDelete