I've had a lot of Bill Cunningham sightings. I think I know where he lives, I definitely know where he goes to work and I've seen him several times on my bicycle commute.
I see him on streets in the 50's near 6th and 7th Aves. most often.
This is what I was wearing today - I think my purple ($20 Bisou Bisou at JCP) pants caught his eye. He certainly caught mine is his blue jacket but I didn't make eye contact as I know he's all about the candid.

To my knowledge, this evening he took my photo for the third time.
First time: Gay Pride Parade 2011
2nd: 5 boro bike tour right after I snapped him
3rd time: This evening along 6th ave. near 48th
My previous two pics totally went in the garbage. I hope one day they put all of his photos online like the Patrick McMullan website and we can buy them.
Either way, it was very exciting in that just seeing him is a celebrity sighting in itself and the exciting fantasy of showing up in On The Street in the NYTimes is fun. Here's to hoping the third time is the charm!
Yes, of course I'll be buying the paper this weekend.
I see him on streets in the 50's near 6th and 7th Aves. most often.
This is what I was wearing today - I think my purple ($20 Bisou Bisou at JCP) pants caught his eye. He certainly caught mine is his blue jacket but I didn't make eye contact as I know he's all about the candid.

To my knowledge, this evening he took my photo for the third time.
First time: Gay Pride Parade 2011
2nd: 5 boro bike tour right after I snapped him
3rd time: This evening along 6th ave. near 48th
My previous two pics totally went in the garbage. I hope one day they put all of his photos online like the Patrick McMullan website and we can buy them.
Either way, it was very exciting in that just seeing him is a celebrity sighting in itself and the exciting fantasy of showing up in On The Street in the NYTimes is fun. Here's to hoping the third time is the charm!
Yes, of course I'll be buying the paper this weekend.
Have you ever seen the documentary about him? So good!
ReplyDeleteYes of course. I rode my Schwinn bike to see it!
DeleteThat's awesome! I'm a total Bill Cunningham fan since seeing the documentary. I hope you show up in the Times - cycle chic representing. :)
ReplyDeleteRemember I'm not "cycle chic" because I wear a helmet, but I still hope I show up.
ReplyDeleteWhat? Helmets are not cool? Neither is being dead or having a massive lump on the skull. I say Helmet Chic is the way forward!
DeleteI don't know what The Times's article with Bill Cunningham is all about, but if a safety aware lady is in it, then I hope that it would slowly turn peoples heads around towards helmets. (awful pun intended!)
[:) that's a smiley face with a helmet on
You totally deserve to be in the Times. I have my fingers crossed I'll see you there this wknd!
ReplyDeleteSeeing Bill Cunningham snapping away during the 5-Boro was a huge highlight for me as well. My family wasn't in spandex either--> We were the crazy ones hauling three boys on the back of two long tail cargo bikes, my husband wearing cargo shorts and his Chuckie T's!
ReplyDeleteI am *far* from cycle chic or chic on any level, but I do so love "On the Street." Will be looking for photos of you!