
I'm good with Mother's Day. I'm OK. My mom is not alive, but I am thankful for all the ladies I've got.
I woke up in Matt's mom's house. Best sleep of my trip. She fixed us breakfast.
I left to go visit my Grandmother. We were immediately dispatched to my aunt's farm.
Unexpectedly, I was invited to go fishing.
I actually love fishing. I baited my own hook with live crickets and even pulled the hooks out of the fish's mouth a few times- 2/4. I'm not competitive. I'm very patient. I Love the calm and peace. The air is so clean in Arkansas, I keep saying it's "delicious" to breathe it in.
We fished until sunset. It's a nice way to end, I think. At the end of the evening, I was coming un-nerved hoping to make it anywhere in time to watch Mad Men. Auntie's house didn't have AMC so they shooed me away to take over Grandma's TV up the road.
Grandma was fine with me commandeering her television. She seemed pretty interested in Mad Men. I think she's the only amateur I could tolerate asking me questions. Because she's my favorite person.
I was hungry. It was after 9pm. Thank goodness she smuggles food from most anywhere she goes. She pulled a corn dog and a cookie out to save me.
We watched the original Mildred Pierce. My first time. Loved the looks.
I too am amazed at how late she stays up.
I sleep on her couch putting myself to sleep fb/ig/tw on my phone.
What a wonderful Mother's Day.
I didn't even mention that I held a duckling and petted and fed goats.
These goats.
And this bucket was used to transport the ducklings to the greenhouse.


Love this! This was how I grew up, so I can probably appreciate it more than most. :)
ReplyDeleteSarah
www.thinfluenced.com