4/4/12

Pet Peeve - Honking in the Park

Pet peeve: Cars honking at people in Central Park. 

Central Park is a destination for New Yorkers and tourists. I cannot stand when the cars driving through honk at people who are trying to have a good time in the park. Raw nerves were touched on my commute home this evening. 

There are no curse words or squeals in this video. I say "B" instead of the actual b-word, even though some bald, silly, foolish man called me the b-word this evening.

This isn't a remarkable story, mostly a vent and a chronicle in my little bicycle commuter life.
I also just read the book Unorthodox and it's all about this girl who is raised to be quiet and not speak out and I'm feeling very social justice today. I spoke out. 



Here's the photo of MY SHADOW trying and failing to photograph his plate.
This B-Hole

8 comments:

  1. This made me smile. Not the fact you were "B"-ed out... But, the detail *looney tunes tie*. Ugh, but sorry about getting honked at :( Never happened to me, but I'm sure if it did, I'd feel the same way as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/05/2012

    Inspirational! Also, adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can get cars banned in Central Park. That would be great for NY tourists like me. : )

    I always expect you to have a British accent though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! No- Southern accent y'all.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4/05/2012

    If you haven't seen it already; watch NOISE with Tim Robbins:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbL4TjD2Yvk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/05/2012

    Good Rant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4/05/2012

    Wow, you are adorable in this video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cars should be banned from any park that has a lot of tourist/cyclist traffic. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.