1/8/12

Party Parrot make-over edition

Button make-over
This fancy vintage coat got a button make-over. I'm a big fan of taking a cheap coat and classing up the buttons. I don't have a good close-up of the old buttons, but they were dull silver plastic. I got these gold & silver anchor buttons and M&J trim shop.
New Buttons

Friday
I got the email for the Iris Afpel collection at MAC. I studied the items and I made a list, so I wouldn't get in there and go nuts buying all kinds of things. Focus! My list-idea worked and I only came out with almost what I intended to get. 

This is MAC Party Parrot lipstick over Embrace Me liner.
new lipstick - Party Parrot from Iris Afpel for MAC
Friday I was happy to do a pretty bare face and wear the Party Parrot hot pink lipstick. It's sold out online currently. I also go the lip liner in "Embrace Me" and it is so good I may go back and get another. MAC hasn't always had a hot-hot pink liner like this.

I was very thematic.
IMG_2445

Saturday afternoon I went over to Barney's to get the new Simon Doonan book signed for my play-brother and his boo. Simon was fancy and precious and was really interested in what my *brother was like. Then he asked about my lipstick. I told him it was from the Iris Afpel collection at MAC and he went on about how much he likes her and how she's in one of his prior books. He was very sweet. This is one of the best signatures I've seen.
simon_doonan_signature

The win of the day was that I got to take off my sweater and ride bare-armed! It's amazing the weather we've gotten this year. Beyonce's womb must be behind this. 

Bonnie always has to lay on whatever you're setting down or reading. Always.
Curious Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. The buttons are such a great idea. I love M&J. I got all my tiny jingle bells for holiday gift wrap over there.

    I also love Simon Doonan. I rescued a pair of kittens named Simon and Doonan once...Simon stayed named Simon but Doonan was renamed Chomps by the adopters. I think I have the book he was talking about (Wacky Ladies?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he meant Wacky Ladies. I was being polite when I said I'd look into it. I might look into it when I start being a busy reader, but until that day comes... I'll have the memories of his sweetness.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.