12/6/11

Lazy or Brave?

Was I lazy or brave when I rode the bike in the rain today in December?
Biking in drizzle rain

- Was I too lazy to go get a Metro Card and ride the bus and absolutely be late for work?
- Or am I just tough and brave? And it's not really cold yet.

Either way- I was well-prepared with my clear sunglasses, helmet with visor and proper raincoat.
My thighs/knees were kind-of wet but not a misery. Things would have been more pleasant had I a handkerchief for hand-drying but I was in good spirits all day so I think I fared well. 

This was definitely a brave choice:
12-6-11 005

On my way home it was dark- as always and I did a little stop & shop. I chose not to use Central Park to get home. Instead I used Madison Ave. where there was serious grid-lock and traffic clusterfuck. That was excellent for me and my bike shimmy through with ease.

I felt safer because even though the street was jam-packed with cars... Those cars couldn't move for the most part. Or they could only move slowly.

Not that I don't feel safe in the park- I just did an errand and was happy to spice up my commute. 




5 comments:

  1. Is Stylish and Awesome an option? Haha. I like the pants you've got on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's that you are a real bike commuter! It's the quickest way around NYC these days, as you pointed out. Gridlock cars and slow trains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your brave. Here in London I can handle light drizzle but hardcore rain throws me off! Have you seen some of the awesome rain capes for cyclists out there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! That hot pink coat is fab.

    I don't think anyone could call it lazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes love cycling in the rain, it can feel liberating if you have a snug raincoat!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.