11/17/11

Lonely Bike Times

I'm not lonely in LIFE but I'm finding myself LONELY in the bike community now that it's COLD out.
All by myself in the park tonight.
IMGP8514
One older man was in there doing laps and we were so isolated that we spoke to each other.
We spoke to each other, people! This is New York City and me and this stranger spoke to each other.

The seasons have shifted.

My gloves tonight were not enough. I think it was in the low 40's. -Fahrenheit.
IMGP8517

Good morning stop.
IMGP8461

See- I'm not that crazy skinny- I'm still normal.
IMGP8458
I'm downright ashamed of my hair so I kept the helmet ON. And I'm SAFE. So it's on.

However, I was HOT at this point this morning so the leopard coat came OFF.

Oh, leaves.
IMGP8465

I saw Malaika tonight!
IMGP8506

And our friend who we met on the Moonlight Ride, Julia met us out.
IMGP8505

Malaika says it's too cold for bikes and Julia says mid-town is too crazy for riding so should I ask myself "Am I insane?"

Instead of really thinking about this question, I'll just ignore that notion and keep riding.

If I didn't ride- I wouldn't see nonsense like this:
IMGP8507



6 comments:

  1. you are a skinny minnie - but it's ok - its inspiring to try and look as good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ride on! It's still reasonable out, for sure, especially once you're going for a few minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing your warmer glove options!

    Sad to see the park so dead and so dark. Now that the marathon is past, too, even the runners are staying in more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your not insane...regg and I were out all week on our bikes...a bit freezing yes, but your not alone...Fall is our fav season so far! But we notice numbers dwindling..which does suck :/

    i love your leopard jacket...where'd you get yours? I've been in the market for a good one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Julie!

    I haven't checked-in in a while because I've been a crazy these past few months, but congrats on starting FIT! Yippee skippee! In the midst of teaching-things consuming my life, I too feel the need for a *fresh start*...
    ...I have some minor and not-too-major plans coming up, so we'll see.

    I'd love to meet you and Malaika for some drinks and fries one of these fall/winter nights! Fun!

    Anyway...have a Happy Thanksgiving, and start to December!

    Wish you many more good and safe bike rides in these chilly chilly days. Hee hee!

    Bye, Julie!

    Sincerely,
    your friend,
    Amanda from AmandasProject

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie! I hear ya on the lonely ghost-town feeling at night-- i was one of the only people riding in prospect park the other evening, and got scared for my life until i realized that it was only 6pm and the murderers wouldn't be out for another 8 hours. Funny how two months ago it was swarming with bicycles at that hour. Kind of nice to ride w/o fear of being mauled by a bunch of fancy racer types tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, I can understand that lonely bike feeling. It happens here too. Though today was in the 50's and I saw quite a few riders out today. Also, one of these days I'm going to have to add my Martha Stewart photo encounter to Flicker to share with you. I ran into Martha in Portland Maine at a restaurant called DuckFat. The restaurant is very well known for their famous fries, which they fry in what else? Yep, Duck fat. Martha and a few of her girlfriends were on a road trip. Her friend was very nice and asked Martha if she would pose with me for a photo. Martha obliged, but was anxious to leave with her large bag of french fries :).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.