10/13/11

What's up with this week

tuesday bike to work
Tuesday bike to work - Probably one of my last warm days for this fall.
Gap booties, Forever 21 skirt, Gap top, bern helmet. 

Bike MattMatt on the way to dinner. Yep- after dinner we were freeezing!

I saw all these NYPD's on bicycles this morning - strange - and later I heard one of my very polite-bike friends got a red light ticket. I'm eager to hear how much or if he fights it-
NYPD on my morning commute

Tonight I made this for my little niece's Halloween ensemble and my baby modeled it for me.
bonnie_riding_hood

Back to Monday - I wore this. Sneakers increase my comfort-quality-of-life so much.
IMGP9946

I went to see the premiere of Paradise Lost 3 at the New York Film Festival.
Since I'm from Arkansas, I've been hearing about the West Memphis 3 since the beginning. Damien was witch-hunted because of his tastes and the way he dressed and you could feel that kind of judgement in the air in Arkansas at that time - the early 90's.

IMGP9949

They did a little question & answer period after the film and that Jason Baldwin is so inspirational, I swear. His future is so bright and he's so grateful for each day. I'm so impressed with him.

I love what a fancy venue this was.

IMGP9951

The end!


4 comments:

  1. NYPD on bikes, that's odd. Haven't seen them in YEARS. It used to be a bigger program and even though some of the police were just as belligerent on bikes as in squad cars, at least it was a start in the 'Bike a mile in my cleats' empathy department.

    The red-light ticket may prove difficult even with a good lawyer, but it's worth fighting because the downside is that if he's guilty and he owns a car, it will go on his license and his insurance... you know the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/16/2011

    As always, busy and glamorous cycling! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to bike in cute clothes, but Boston bikers are so hard core. I've begun with some cute sparkly flats. I LOVE them.

    Hey, Julie, I thought I saw you as the center of attention at Occupy Wall ST on the news yesterday. I signed in to check out your blog, but, guess it wasn't you. I wouldn't have been surprised! LOL

    ~ Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Julie! i found your blog on nyctaughtme. super cute and cool bike stuff :) and i love that you are a big supporter or the helmet.....
    my husband and i have created a poster for bike safety. i would love you to have a look and post it or pass it along. thanks! x

    http://fanfamfun.blogspot.com/2011/10/cycle-safe.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.