10/20/11

Sweet Arkansas Times

photo.JPG This is a Little Rock bike lane logo I saw near downtown. I love this!
I've almost been in Arkansas a week. I don't have real internet access to throw up a blog so here's what I've been up to.

I went to my tiny high school's football game Friday night and a dog got on the field and wanted to play, so they had to pause the game.

Over the weekend my grandmother said my aunt couldn't take her gambling at the horse-races because my aunt had a goat in labor.
You can't make this shit up!

I went fishing! I really like fishing in a boat. I like hanging out on boats. I like how soothing/boring it is. I'm not competitive. I don't like to move around to try out different spots and I don't like to switch up my bait/rod. I like the repetitiveness and the solitide and the easy socialization.
I went with my Dad & Uncle.

The air quality is amazing. People think I'm tripping when I tell them how good it feels to breathe here. Sometimes to inhale deeply in NYC you realize you're breathing in a bunch of poison and here you can breathe as deep as you want and it feels so fresh and clean.

Before we went fishing I stepped out of the house at a very dark 5:30am and could immediately spot The Little Dipper and Orion's Belt.

I've petted: Many goats, horses, bass fish, a chicken, a RACCOON, rottweilers, bulldog, brand new puppies, more goats, and more dogs.

Took a nap at my Grandmother's group home, hung out with her and Matt's grandma.

Walked the new bridge at the Bill Clinton Library.

I've been driving a car a lot. No bike riding. Maybe another time.

2 comments:

  1. That's incredible! Here's hoping your soul is rejuvenated! (Wisconsin is simply and peaceful, hence why I love it here so much!)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making me homesick! I'm not back to the Midwest until the holidays. I wish you many lovely fall adventures with the fam and many amazing thrifting finds. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.