9/10/11

Sleepy tired poor girl's Fashion's Night Out



I'm a real girl who works at a clothing company in the Garment District on Fashion Ave in NYC and I thought I should write how I spent Fashion's Night Out Thursday night. "Sleepy with Little Effort" is how it went.

I made a little map of reminders. I was not going to go crazy out of my way to do anything because I know it's just madness spilling out all over the streets. I've been here for all 3 FNO's if you can't tell by my jaded attitude.

My little map/list could be my daily commute if I didn't already have and love my Central Park commute.

I did bring an empty shopping tote- Just in case! But it mostly worked like a Trick or Treat bag and I stuffed all the beauty samples and fliers and coupons I was handed inside.

First, I stopped outside the Missoni pop-up shop and I was agog at the line outside.
Me and Kate Middleton thought about getting in that line since it hadn't officially opened yet- It was about 15min to 6- But we couldn't spot a lock-up post for Kate so it was an easy decision to move on.

Here was my bike outfit of the day - Every 10th girl in NYC right now- at this very moment - is wearing tight red jeans.
And this top is from the GAP and I saw it in a zillion magazines and got it 40% off last Friday - Labor Day Sale.

We got back on 6th Ave headed North. We rode East on 54th past MoMa. I thought about how I should spend my weekend- Stalking the LAMB show Sunday, which I am most certainly not invited to- Or spend Sunday at MoMA where I have a membership.

I locked the bike up outside of Harry Winston. I saw that they had models dressed up in what I believe were Bridal Gowns. I didn't want to has out the discomfort of going into that so I just went to see my friends at MAC at Bendel's. My make-up boyfriend was on lunch, so I said I would return.nbsp;

I walked and saw the very cute Cynthia Rowley Glambulance. Got some fliers and coupons from them.

Walked east on 57th to Coach and checked out the bike bags. The hardware is very masculine and the handle-bar bag lacks a cross-body strap.

I then went into Chanel because there was a tiny line to get in and it happened quickly. There was a crazy line for the mini-manicures. I just walked over and sprayed some Coco perfume on my tote bag and got out. (I don't own perfume, but sometimes at stores I'll spray it on my jacket or bag - I can't commit.)

Next, I went into Miu Miu because I can see our future together.
It was calm and I took my time and checked out a lot of garments, bags and shoes thoroughly. I conducted some important glitter research. I declined all offers of a glass of champagne because I need all hands free and I don't want the stress of being careful with a champagne/drink/glass in a fancy place where I can't afford anything.

After that... Ooh! I checked out the people in the line for the Nikki M. appearance at YSL.
Just the people in line were a sight.

I felt so thankful to not be working. I was very conscientious to tell the workers, door-holders and security guards to have a "Good night" because my working FNO experience was dreadful and I think most of my friends who had to work various places dread it.

I returned to Henri Bendel to make an actual purchase. I got my liquid concealer and a new eyeliner. I was introduced and taught that I could use liquid eyeliner when I was on Martha so I have an extreme positive association.

I left these guys and headed to Madison Ave. I went into Carolina Herrera and Samatha Thavasa and continued to decline the responsibility of wielding champagne flute in fancy places. These were very quick stops.

Riding up Madison Ave with gobs of people spilling out into the streets. I was doing slow, one-foot-down drive bys on the bike.


By the time I was liken "I have to get straight home to walk my dog and watch Obama" I saw this Missoni giant puppet on the back of a huge truck. I stopped for a minute and thought "This would really freak my dog out" and went home and fell asleep around 9pm.

I was happy to end my night on her! And yes- those are the Missoni family ladies in front of the truck.

This was my last year's FNO post.
The year prior/2009 I was working at PF and looked like this.

3 comments:

  1. Oh you look so chic with your bike! (I've never managed to pull off chicness & biking!). I'm also super jealous that you got to do FNO in NY! Here in London was fun, but not where the real party was at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how fun! I wish I could've gone. I bet it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red pants/red lipstick pic :) you are so creative w/your bike pics!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.