I found out Summer Streets is bad ass. Car-free streets are a real treat and I'll be doing this again next Saturday. I went to give something to Liz (right,) hung out a little while, met Ross and then Sheryl and Amanda showed up.

This photo shows that our little gang is meant to be, because we represent a variety of slut-shirts: We've got see-thru, itty-bitty and choppy-trashy. All the slut-shirt bases are covered.

I got into it at 72nd Street, immediately felt the amazing warm blanket of a car-free street and really enjoyed myself down to 23rd street. I got off here to attempt to see some galleries in Chelsea.

I would never ride here but Summer Streets treated us with this opportunity.
I don't know what this is called - It's the upper-roadway around Grand Central. I actually avoid biking around Grand Central for the most part.
I found some gorgeous wild flowers in Chelsea. I spent a little time there. There were big bumble bees and butterflies in there! I don't see that stuff much in NYC. I've never been so delighted to see a bumble bee!


I had a power-snack then found out the galleries I wanted to see were on summer hours. Bust!

Yep- I was trying to see the Jill Greenberg show - Glass Ceiling. Luckily, I am on summer hours at work myself and will catch it on Friday.
For the first time I felt the courage to go into Commes De Garcon.

I sprayed my tote bag with perfume! I felt like I was 12 again.
Then I went to get an Imperial Woodpecker Sno-Ball. I had half Peaches & Cream (my mom's favorite) and half coconut cream.

This was a good summer Saturday for sure, and I realized I'm getting much better at navigating the West Village. Maybe I'll get sick of bicycle exploring Manhattan and branch out to Brooklyn more.

This photo shows that our little gang is meant to be, because we represent a variety of slut-shirts: We've got see-thru, itty-bitty and choppy-trashy. All the slut-shirt bases are covered.

I got into it at 72nd Street, immediately felt the amazing warm blanket of a car-free street and really enjoyed myself down to 23rd street. I got off here to attempt to see some galleries in Chelsea.

I would never ride here but Summer Streets treated us with this opportunity.
I don't know what this is called - It's the upper-roadway around Grand Central. I actually avoid biking around Grand Central for the most part. I found some gorgeous wild flowers in Chelsea. I spent a little time there. There were big bumble bees and butterflies in there! I don't see that stuff much in NYC. I've never been so delighted to see a bumble bee!


I had a power-snack then found out the galleries I wanted to see were on summer hours. Bust!

Yep- I was trying to see the Jill Greenberg show - Glass Ceiling. Luckily, I am on summer hours at work myself and will catch it on Friday.
For the first time I felt the courage to go into Commes De Garcon.

I sprayed my tote bag with perfume! I felt like I was 12 again.
Then I went to get an Imperial Woodpecker Sno-Ball. I had half Peaches & Cream (my mom's favorite) and half coconut cream.

This was a good summer Saturday for sure, and I realized I'm getting much better at navigating the West Village. Maybe I'll get sick of bicycle exploring Manhattan and branch out to Brooklyn more.
Hipsterific!
ReplyDeleteHey, Julie!
ReplyDeleteMy boyf spontaneously went to that with his bike bud while I was stuck babysitting my dad! Haa haa! It's this Saturday, too?!?! Hmmm...hmmm...
Loving the bike with all the street art...nice combo.
ReplyDeleteKate Middleton looks fab with all the flowers. Just lovely!
ReplyDeleteso excited for summer streets! your bike looks great with art behind it :))
ReplyDelete