
Surviving Irene was really fun, actually. Our best-friend couple lives in a 'hood that wasn't a Flood Zone at all, so they hosted us Hurricane Shelter style.
I went to K-Mart at Penn Station Friday afternoon to gather some provisions and gauge the hysteria.

That's the Empire State Buliding in the background.
The weather on Friday was uhh-mazing, but it's like they say- Calm. Before. The. Storm.
Friday I knew I had to hang & steam the new line at work so I dressed accordingly.
I worked really hard on Friday and all my co-workers were frrreaking out.

Friday night was chill. We had a pizza and went to bed early.
Saturday Matt put my bike, Kate Middleton the Bicycle, in the kitchen since the bike room in our building is basement and could flood.

We had the Go Bag ready!

American beer & junk food.
While we were prepared to walk across town, we easily got a cab, which was on zone fares.
I was happy the ASPCA put out tons of announcements that taxis were required to take pets.

Matt and Allie got their head-lamps, flashlights and multi-tools ready.

We really just sat there glued to the news and drinking and eating and drinking and eating and making fun of the news when it go real local. Funny call-ins and such.
We utilized Google Hangout, which is awesome, with friends in Boston.
I slept great all through the night. We woke up and it was just twigs and stuff everywhere.

We saw people and cars so we got brave and walked around to find a brunch spot.
We had a really posh Hurricane experience in retrospect.

This umbrella was obviously not surviving along with the rest of us.
We got giant awesome breakfasts around noon or so, and we headed to our home around 2pm.




Oh geez that poor tree. The buildings at school are pretty much all closed so I hadn't left my dorm for two days. Finally left today to buy real food, and the campus was covered with leaves and branches and knocked over trees.
ReplyDeleteGlad we're safe, though!
Where is that Super P? I want $2.99 Haagen Dazs!
ReplyDeleteBonnie smiling in the back of the cab is the cutest.
ReplyDeleteOh wow...I didn't realize trees snapped like that. Yikesies!
ReplyDelete