
Sometimes, I swear my days have a magical air about them. Yesterday was one of those days.
I had the appointment at the FIT Museum where I turned over that vintage, Made in U.S.A. Betsey Johnson swimsuit from 1983 that I was recently gifted. I'm thrilled they are reviewing it to be accepted as a donation to the FIT Museum.
I got there and the registrar came to greet me. She exceeded my wildest fantasies of what an Fashion Institute of Technology Museum staff person would look like. She was wearing the perfect outfit. She was very sweet and took me to a room where I laid the swimsuit out on a table covered in a cloth that looked like muslin. I filled out a form kind-of like a release form. She was enthusiastic about the item and said other people on staff were happy to see it too- They will meet in October to decide its future.
I could see racks labeled "Daphne Guinness" as there is an upcoming exhibition of her things. I told her that I'm excited for it since the McQueen exhibit is over, and I'm glad I'll have a good fashion exhibit to
She told me how great and helpful Daphne was being and I felt special getting a little behind-the-scenes scoop.
Next up, I found out my cousins have a cabin upstate. Our originally scheduled Labor Day Vacation resort had to cancel on us due to Hurricane Irene damage, so my cousins are saving our vacation-needing lives. We are beyond thrilled to:
A. See my cool cousins
B. Escape the city and get into nature
C. Not have to pay the previously booked nightly rate we were bracing for
So our vacation posse is absolutely elated that our vacation has not only been saved, it's sounding awesomer by the minute.
As I was leaving work headed to the East Village, one of my favorite delivery boys was also heading downtown/home on his bike. We didn't know that each other rode bicycles so it was exciting and we had a social ride. I think riding together with another biker makes you more visible so it was nice all-around. Here is is on his bike:

This lipstick is MAC Full Fuchsia
I went to the East Village to do my BikeGirlsTV interview. I think I did a pretty good job.
I hope the show gets picked-up or just sees the light of day in some way so I can share it.
I ran into a very sweet former co-worker and we had a nice little quick chat. We keep in touch online, but it's great to see people's actual face sometimes. How was my day working out so perfectly!?
I used 1st Avenue to ride all the way uptown home. The temps are cool lately, so it felt great. I think I made it home in record time because I just made it into the pet-food store for Bonnie.
Me and Bonnie walked across town and across the Park. I was a little scared that we would get in trouble for being in the park after dark but we walked up on the very loud, police-attended protest of the Boat House. There were all these drums and hecklers. I had the Bonnie dog, so I felt safe. Not like she's fierce, but I knew we were not alone.
We hung out with our cute friends on the West Side. One of them had some new dresses and we checked 'em out and Bonnie made herself right at home in their apartment and put herself to bed in their bed while we caught up on some trash TV.
By the time Bonnie and I were ready to head home it must have been shift-change time for taxi's so we could not get a cab and not because one of us is a dog- We gave up pretty fast. We walked back through the park and enjoyed the nighttime views and the peacefulness.
When I got home Amy Sedaris was on Jimmy Fallon. I love both of them a lot.

This lipstick is MAC Full Fuchsia
I went to the East Village to do my BikeGirlsTV interview. I think I did a pretty good job.
I hope the show gets picked-up or just sees the light of day in some way so I can share it.
I ran into a very sweet former co-worker and we had a nice little quick chat. We keep in touch online, but it's great to see people's actual face sometimes. How was my day working out so perfectly!?
I used 1st Avenue to ride all the way uptown home. The temps are cool lately, so it felt great. I think I made it home in record time because I just made it into the pet-food store for Bonnie.
Me and Bonnie walked across town and across the Park. I was a little scared that we would get in trouble for being in the park after dark but we walked up on the very loud, police-attended protest of the Boat House. There were all these drums and hecklers. I had the Bonnie dog, so I felt safe. Not like she's fierce, but I knew we were not alone.
We hung out with our cute friends on the West Side. One of them had some new dresses and we checked 'em out and Bonnie made herself right at home in their apartment and put herself to bed in their bed while we caught up on some trash TV.
By the time Bonnie and I were ready to head home it must have been shift-change time for taxi's so we could not get a cab and not because one of us is a dog- We gave up pretty fast. We walked back through the park and enjoyed the nighttime views and the peacefulness.
When I got home Amy Sedaris was on Jimmy Fallon. I love both of them a lot.

How cute is that that you have little biking buddies that you run into on the street! I love NYC already, but I imagine you must develop a whole new appreciation for it while perched on a bicycle seat.
ReplyDeleteBest post ever. You were outfitted beautifully for your perfect day.
ReplyDeleteBeverly (forgot to sign my name)
ReplyDeleteI did my bikegirlstv interview last friday on Ave D and 5th st! I love dan and chris and jason, they are cool people with a great idea..i hope it gets picked up too, whether im in it or not...but itll be cool if we both make it though!
ReplyDeleteKat I want to know who else did this? I asked and they said they invited 8 - 10 but I didn't ask for names. I hope it works out- and we are included.
ReplyDeleteI didnt even know you did your interview! I remember meeting malaika going to the casting in BK, and there was only 2 other chicks there besides her...they didn't give any names to me either...kinda elusive about it, guess they're waiting till it takes off
ReplyDeleteHow come I didn't hear about this BikegirlsTV thing until after they did casting stuff? I don't know if I'd even do it being that I'm a photographer and don't always like being on the other side of the camera, but STILL!!!! I'm a bike girl! UGH!
ReplyDelete