
Two Summer Streets Saturdays down - only one to go - and it appears that we just ride downtown, meet-up with my #BikeNYC friends, hang out, take pics then ride off to get something delicious to eat, go home.
Dmitry took the best couple-photo of us. Ooh la la!

See all of his Summer Streets portraits on Flickr.
We bailed out of the protection of Summer Streets to use the broke-down bike lane on Grand Street going to Doughut Plant.

I got a tip from Sharon's NYC Taught Me blog. She's mostly dealing with children- but I think like a 7 year old girl, so her advice helps me.
We passed 4 different flavors back and forth to each other like maniacs and shared a Thai iced tea.

GET READY FOR SOME CRUNKNESS BECAUSE AFTER DOUGHNUTS WE GOT SNO-BALLS!
I've had Imperial Woodpecker Sno-Balls four times this week. I met the sweet little owner and we swapped southern-accent-love for one another. I did not tell her I've had four sno-balls this week.

Matt went nuts and got ice cream inside his shave-ice/sno-ball! He had root beer & ice cream flavors with real ice cream tucked inside. Dopeness.
We felt sick as hell from all the sugar, but we had to get our ill-selves home for an emergency nap and Summer Streets turn back into danger alleys at 1pm so we used the West Side Greenway of Love to get home.

Next weekend is going to go down a lot like this too. Yaaay SummerTime!
I suffered so many snowy, wintry bike rides...
Like this 24ยบ commute and this snowy New Year's Eve spin around the city.
Love everything about this post! I have posted about both of these places and love them. The peanut butter jelly-filled donut is my favorite at Donut Plant, and the peaches and cream sno-ball is delish! Have you tried Dough yet? If not, make that your next bike journey to Brooklyn!
ReplyDeleteDmitry takes great pics! you and ur hubb look great :) Was SO hoping we could get a pic together, hopefully next saturday!
ReplyDeleteSummer streets was the best thing EVER!
Such awesome photos, lots of yummy food pics! x
ReplyDeleteThat blouse is wonderful. Do tell where you found it please.
ReplyDeleteThat blouse is an Arkansas thrift piece. It probably came from the Goodwill in Hot Springs, Arkansas. It's a best-kept secret of fine shopping.
ReplyDeleteMatt's shirt is also an Arkansas-thrifting find.