7/28/11

If You BIke 7mi to the Restaurant-

If you bike 7 miles to the restaurant, I think you can eat whatever you want. Google maps said our venture was about 7miles and I believe him.
I got us there!
I am so proud of myself for getting us to Mary's Fish Camp in the West Village with incredible accuracy, as in, door-to-door bicycle travel, because sometimes navigating the West Village is a little tricky.

The biggest portion of our ride was using the West Side Greenway which is lovely.
Matt biking west side greenway
Matt usually rides a few feet behind me. He's very resistant to being photographed. 

This is what we look like talking and riding down the greenway. It's so chill.
Bikin' & smack talkin'

We drank some cans of Pork Slap while we waited for a table seats at the bar.
Pork Slaps

Lately, Matt is biking to work in extremely casual clothes, packing his shirt, tie, dress pants and he returns home in the casual outfit. He asked me to pick his outfit for our dinner date and I chose this red vintage Lacoste shirt because it's a good color for visibility (Note to self: I should buy more red clothes!) and it matches some of the accessories on his bike.
west side greenway

To both of our disbelief- After beers and a lobster roll, I didn't even want to share dessert. 

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Sharon's NYC Taught Me, and I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it. I just got a Linus last week, and I am loving it. It was great to read through your posts about starting to bike commute. I started bike commuting a few months ago in Chicago, and it's interesting to see the differences between biking in our two cities. (Also, I'm stealing many of your clothes ideas and just got myself a sweat rag. You're definitely starting a trend.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love your blog. your sense of humor and positive attitude really come through in your writing.

    -nikki

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.