Jaywalkers bug me too, cause I feel that they along with me are in a constant battle against cars. They should be on my side! And I always watch for bikes when I'm on foot. Which is why I always stop and let 'em go by when they cross at crosswalks at appropriate times- my way of rewarding good behavior. And I tsk tsk and swerve dramatically when they come outta nowhere. What can ya do?
Oh, I walked by that same movie shoot today and it was a huge pain! The amount of tourists taking pictures was insane, and at one point the movie makers (whoever they may be) drove this huge truck down the street that sprayed water to make the whole set wet. I admire your ability to bike through all of that today!
Daina http://daina-newyorkstateofmind.blogspot.com/
Here in DC, the bike lane is new so the pedestrians and cars don't know we're there. It's ridiculous. I try to ride defensively and stop at all traffic lights unlike some bicyclists who don't.
Jaywalkers bug me too, cause I feel that they along with me are in a constant battle against cars. They should be on my side! And I always watch for bikes when I'm on foot. Which is why I always stop and let 'em go by when they cross at crosswalks at appropriate times- my way of rewarding good behavior. And I tsk tsk and swerve dramatically when they come outta nowhere. What can ya do?
ReplyDeleteOh, I walked by that same movie shoot today and it was a huge pain! The amount of tourists taking pictures was insane, and at one point the movie makers (whoever they may be) drove this huge truck down the street that sprayed water to make the whole set wet. I admire your ability to bike through all of that today!
ReplyDeleteDaina
http://daina-newyorkstateofmind.blogspot.com/
Here in DC, the bike lane is new so the pedestrians and cars don't know we're there. It's ridiculous. I try to ride defensively and stop at all traffic lights unlike some bicyclists who don't.
ReplyDeleteI had a BLAST riding a cruiser bike in DC. The fact that it's OK to ride on the sidewalks made me really feel like I was on vacation!
ReplyDeleteToday I took note of all these bad idea pedestrians: Chunky & Slow, Handicapped, Pregnant on a Cell Phone.
Bad idea to jaywalk in those situations!