
I finally saw Gloria Steinem in person! I missed seeing Gloria S. at the Planned Parenthood Rally for Women's Health last weekend because she simply wasn't there. She was under the weather. So sad.
Luckily, my Mother-in-Law loves us and got us the coolest present ever for Christmas- Membership to MoMa! We don't live too far from it, and Matt had never been before we got started on our membership. We are going to go
I opened our monthly member calendar and BOOM! Gloria was introducing the new Lynn Herschmann Leeson film: !WAR: Women's Art Revolution. The girls who I asked to go with me were busy, so Matt agreed to go. Matt is really progressive, but I still worried about taking him to a feminist art film on a school-night.
We saw Gloria, whose comments I think I would have better-appreciated after the film. But she was so gorgeous and tiny. I'm so glad I saw her.
We also noticed who I'm almost certain was Sofia C. there. It made sense to me why she would have been there. If it was her; also very tiny. A wavy-haired bird.
My movie review: I'm glad I saw it. It was important, but depressing. There was footage of the filmmaker trying to get people on the street to name THREE FEMALE ARTISTS and no one could do it. All of these female artists basically said "Fuck the system" and started their own galleries and art collectives and that was awesome of them. It taught me to be mindful of how many female artists are in galleries and shows I visit. I need to pay attention and support more female gallery shows/artists.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.