2/19/11

Winter Sanity Holiday

Friday heatwave panda
The heatwave in New York City on Friday was truly a gift. I got to boast that at the end of the work day, I had a fantastic bicycle ride awaiting me!

For months now I've been getting sympathy and "You're crazy" comments for riding through the fall & winter.

I forgot how fun it was to be envied for my bicycle commuting.

I wore a tank today because I knew I would be hot at work.
I also wore these great vintage snake-skin (faux) disc earrings.

As my hair gets bigger, the earrings will get bigger.
Friday my hair is wild.
This new tank happened the other night at Forever21. I love the shape and size way more than I love the print. The disc earrings were thrifted, most likely in Arkansas.

My hair was very feathered. I went with it.
Hair is growing

I needed SUNGLASSES because that crazy ball of fire in the sky let us see him!
I only had to wear a light jacket. I want so badly to refer to this as a jean jacket, but it's not denim at all.
Just a light Jacket!

These jeans look really dumpy and I didn't wear the keds all day at work- I put on wedges and hopefully made the legs look sleeker.
IMGP3602

My hair is feathered and my jeans legs are wide. I went with it.
The First 50º Morning in NYC!

During the week the magazines and catalogs pile up, so I carried them to work.
Basket Case
They were pretty OK in the basket. The streets are totally fucked after all the snow plows this winter. Bumps are moving to the #1 biggest enemy spot for me, just ahead of garbage trucks.

When it's hot-hot for real, garbage trucks will be my #1 enemy again, I'm sure. It's a stinky monster that I want to stay far, far away from.

Last night we tried a new bar in the neighborhood and actually spent a little time on our terrace later in the night. It's been ages since we got to be out there! It was a wonderful little tease of springtime.

Today there are frigid gusty winds and there have been snow flurries. Friday was like a winter-sanity holiday.

2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that I'm following your blog: your style & flare on your bike is fantastic!!!

    Lady Vélo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad I found you too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.