2/17/11

A Major High - NYFW Got Me

New Forever21 Skirt
I got high on something really shallow and quasi-meaningless today. I got my street style photo taken by at least a dozen photographers in a 30 yard vicinity. I walked by a set-up/tent/red-carpet-ish thing for a big fashion show today and I got high. One approached me and started snapping, then it snowballed and then I was more flattered than you can imagine and totally fucking high on the fact that I had on an outfit of mostly Forever21 and cheap stuff and I'm about to turn 31, and all these people were taking my photo and even asking for a beauty tip and asking me to speak into a little microphone.

It was silly-fantastic.

This is what I looked like. I hope and pray some of the photos end up online. I think the leopard fur jacket and the printed skirt made me an attractive street-style target.
More Like This

Today's Outfit

It's a little sick how that kind of attention can make you feel so amazing, but I want to be honest and emphasize how crazy-good it felt.

In related egotistical news- I was feeling lustful feelings for a more stylish bicycle. I don't want to be a bike snob though! I love my super-cheap bike!
Gap velvet Keds

Colorful Panda
I played it safe today and wore some keds instead of trying to bike in the new platform heels.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/20/2011

    Hi Julie,
    Do you have any style/clothing advice for the apple-shaped body type? I love your clothes but feel like I have the exact opposite body type as you. Big waist with skinny chicken legs. Any advice?
    -Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/20/2011

    Oh, and I'm 5'2, between size 8 and 12 depending on brand.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one on getting snapped - that outfit is gorgeous! I love the colours so much... I need some of that colour on my Pashley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/21/2011

    Everyone dreams of getting snapped for the style section. You go, girl! I learned shortly after I started my blog that people are hugely flattered to be snapped for their excellent velo style. And about your velo; it is so, so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.