Sorry for the litter! I didn't realize what was truly happening until the traffic was really flowin'
When I got home, Bonnie dog assessed the damage.

Then today I rode the bus & subway to work because it was snowing.
Biggest flakes I've ever seen! We closed down the office at 2. Yay!

I got home nice and early. I needed to walk Bonnie, so we multi-tasked and she towed the bicycle to Larry & Jeff's. She literally pulls really bad on her leash. This was kind of hilarious and awesome. (I was walking/steering but she really helped pull it!)


I asked if they could "order me some cute pedals" but they didn't seem too much into that idea. I was advised that I need something more grippy or something, and less-cute until after the winter.
When the guy helping me was asking about what kinds of shoes I'm riding in and I proceeded to explain "Boots with mid to high heels" I could see the "OMG" in his eyes.
Bonnie was welcomed inside the shop. She looks handsome in her horse-style coat and gold Martha Stewart for PetSmart leash & collar.

We waited for the new pedals to be put on and I fielded questions about Bonnie's and my history together. I also had them replace the totally missing for weeks screw on my chain guard. Clank, clank, clank!
There isn't a photo of the new pedals yet... but they look like little kid rugged-style pedals. That makes me happy. They're small and fine, but they're groovy enough that I will have to be careful that they don't rip my tights or pantyhose.
If the skies are dry I plan to take a joy-ride down to Chelsea to check a little Rauschenberg Exhibit before it closes.
Bonnie is so adorable! Sounds like a great day! Cheers!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little dog-in-a-jacket!
ReplyDeleteI never considered cute pedals before but if you get strange looks at your bike shop about cute pedals then I wonder if that shop considers the needs of women cyclists? My favorite shop seems to have become more aware of women cyclists who like slow cycling in style as opposed the rock hopping on a mountain bike. I wonder if My Dutch Bike is in NYC?
Thanks! Bonnie loves compliments.
ReplyDeleteI just saw the pedals in the showcase at the Bike shop and wanted nothing to do with any of them. I'm not sure how this shop feels about my needs as a lady cyclist who insists upon looking cute. I'm also a little budget economical and that's usually the opposite of anything having to do with "dutch bike" anything.
I'm more Cycle Chic on the Cheap!