11/30/10

Pretend it's not wrinkly, OK.

IMGP1599
I moved stuff around in my closet last night. Doing that really sometimes does trick you into thinking things are new again. This is an old thrifted secretary-style dress. Of course I had it hemmed to this shortness.

IMGP1596

IMGP1598

Yesterday I had a bad time on my bicycle ride home and I blamed it on the fact that my outfit looked masculine and cars/taxis were aggressive with me. -Honking, boo. So, today I made sure I looked extra girly and I think swear cars were more cordial. For example- at a stoplight I'm on the edge like 5 cars back and this towncar does a little tiny edge move to make room for me to pass.

IMGP1595_2

We get some Japanese fashion mags at work and the accessories and the skinniness are the hardest parts to tolerate, as in, the accessories make me want them so bad I can't see straight and the skinny girls baffle me. This heart-shaped faux chanel bag for example is something that makes me light-headed. I'm going to email it to my JP friend for translation and to see if it can be ordered online and sent to America.
IMGP1600

My accessories for today + bike basket - LAMB bag and thrifted Margaret cowgirl belt.
IMGP1607

And pedi-cabbies all have the same line- "Wanna race?" -We were suffering through Rockefeller Xmas Tree Lighting TRAFFIC.
IMGP1609

There are so many fun Christmas decorations going up - I can't wait to stop & take bicycle portraits in front of these attractions. I hope it stays warm enough (and I get tough enough) to keep riding.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I. am. jealous.
    No other word for it! Your outfit is lovely. And being that I'm from Texas, the boots might just be my favorite part. But what I REALLY like is that you are off getting to ride a bike around New York City. If I could walk a day in your shoes, I would be a happy girl. One of my biggest dreams is to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in person. I'm for sure coming back to check this blog out regularly. Thanks for coming by priorfatgirl.com and leaving a comment!

    Elle, A PriorFatGirl

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.