
I saw Queen Martha again at Stich Fest for her new book - The sewing craft encyclopedia. I thumbed through it quickly and do not think my bead necklace craft is in there. So unfortunate!
This is Martha's 71st book and the 4th Martha Stewart book to belong to my household. Nothing saves me as much as The Homekeeping Handbook. I'm going to have to buy another copy because mine is signed. I need to save the signed one for my bestest grand-daughter.
So the event was $30 and you got the book (retail $35) with the price of admission, plus a goody bag a the end.
It was open bar and I went straight from work. I was starving. I don't remember but I think I got pretty drunk.

There were so many older ladies I was worried about all of them boozing. It was reckless for me too because I was so hungry. Empty-stomach wasted is a bad form of school-night drunk. We were accosting the hors dourves girls as soon as they would appear from behind the curtain. One adorable elderly lady had her wine in one hand and her cane in the other.
There were vendor stations - people showing fancy sewing machines and crafts. None of it was too much my bag. Like, who will actually buy this? I think the appeal of this display was finding out how much this beast costs:

I did like the Gutermann thread display:



The space was really neat. It was in Chelsea. There's this event hall in the middle and offices/cubicles on the sides separated by a sheer curtain. We could see the worker bees working:

Back in the inner-working of offices and show-room type space, I spotted these old modeling photos of Martha.

She breezed through the event pretty early on- I was actually getting a drink at the bar, and she was really close, taking photos of the cute bar-tenders. She is so tall and strikingly beautiful. Her dope diamond studs were sparkling. Dazzling me.
This Craft was the most impressive thing:

Even cynical Matt should be impressed. I feel like I haven't seen him in a few days. I went to this Martha party, then last night I went to a birthday dinner and this morning I'm actually on a bus riding to Baltimore to see my cousins.
Here was my outfit:

I'm happy that my new job allows me to wear pretty much whatever I want. I'll keep it cute. Some of my boss-ladies dress very "White-woman chic" - I like.
I wish I had gotten a friend to go to the Martha event with me. I was a little lonely, but I did get approached by some staff. They were serving as little hostesses and they asked how I heard about the event (Martha's twitter) and I told some of them I had appeared on the show.
I saw Darcy Miller the Editor of Martha Stewart Weddings. She is beyond a little person. I thought I could kill Nicky Hilton with my bare hands because of her tininess but Darcy is that tiny but much shorter. You could put her in a duffle and steal her. Scary! Sometimes I'm glad I'm a "big person" as PF called me once.
I am very happy that I was able to tell her my feeling that Martha loves her "The Most" I didn't go on to say "She loves you more than she loves her own daughter, Alexis." But Darcy responded really cute and made me repeat it to a group of her co-workers nearby like a little parrot. I was happy to oblige.
This is them - I wasn't cool enough to ask Darcy to take a pic with me. That's my regret of the evening.

If Martha is my mother, Darcy is my sister.
Here's the loot of my goody-bag spread out on the bed... I was so drunk because I was STARVING at the end of the event that I was ravenously searching for a snack.

No snacks.
Look at what my animal/child has been doing during the day while we are at work- I swear to you I make the bed every day. Small spaces require it. And I have to walk on the bed to get my clothes out of the wardrobe and I trip if it's not loosely made.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.