My transition back to working woman is going a little rough. Working full-time means putting "My Housewife Life" behind me doesn't it? No! The shitty parts of housewife-life are stealing my free time and making me angry!
I definitely haven't been this irritable and mean to Matt since I was being tortured at PF. Today I was irritable and mean because I had to slave my fucking Easter day away cleaning and doing laundry, meal planning, puke. Being Betty & Don Draper at the same time is making me be a huge bitch.
Anyway- I rode the bus to Baltimore on Saturday to see my cousin and his wife. They have a really hard, stressful life as they take care of her dad, who is definitely an invalid. He can't be left alone, he's immobile. Wow. I admire them for not putting him in a home or putting him on a raft and sending him down the river. Their life is hard. Harder than me having to use my Sunday to be a hobbyist housewife-slave.
They got their neighbor to "Bobby-sit" as they call it, because his name is Bob. They took me to a Mexican Flea Market. It was fantastic! I have to be more organized next time. If I knew where my camera was (I cleaned SO WELL today that I don't know where I put it) I would post photos.
It's so good to spend time with my cousin because he is older and knows the history of my parents before me - he actually knows what my mother was really like. We also really mesh well and we both realized we have to re-assemble a new line-up for our close family roster since our original close families have had so many members die.
I just watched "An Education" and LOVED IT! It hit very close to home in that my father/parents expected me to go to college to "get married off" and that's what I did. My dad was very relieved to be rid of the ultimate responsibility of me when I got married. He was looking for an engagement ring long before I.
This has been a very Domestic-themed post.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.