6/20/12

Last NYC Bike Commute

These are the official last commute to work in New York City commute pics. Ever.
This wasn't my official last day of work, because on thad day, I wore flare jeans and felt too dangerous to take pics (in case the flares caught in the chain b/c I just half-assed tight rolled them.)

The X over the bike is where the DOT is changing the paint to make the 72nd street transverse in Central Park 2-way. Hooray!










There will probably be a few more NYC bike rides, but no more to my NYC job!

8 comments:

  1. I still remember leaving NYC, the crazy love/hate of living there, the way it owns a piece of you forever...you are so beautiful on your last commuting day! Good luck on the move :)
    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a Happy/Sad = Love/Hate thing. It makes me glad to see people who left and went on to lead happy lives!

      Delete
  2. your dress is just darling. and i only lived in nyc for a few months in my early 20s, but it was heart breaking to leave...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it had only been months of living here, I would have been devastated to leave, but five years was perfect, I think.

    We're just so excited to get two bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics! You probably gonna miss that in NY. First time that I went there I thought that I'd never ride a bike when the weather was too hot or too cold, now I just think there's no point in driving in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/21/2012

    I'll miss NYC from your point of view. Hope you continue blogging and shaking things up down South.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww I just found your blog and now you're leaving!??? I'm a fellow girly bike commuter who just moved to NYC for work a few months ago, I was secretly hoping to run into you on the streets! :) Haha but I totally understand the love/hate feeling, too. Wish you all the best back home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is sad. I had to catch up and read your posts to find out why you were leaving, but it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for Matt. I'm going to miss reading about all your NYC cycling escapades, but look forward to reading about your new life in Arkansas.

    Also, I can't remember whether I ever sent you the photo of me and Martha. I look yucky, but Martha looks fabulous. I met up with her in Portland, ME at a restaurant called DuckFat. Famous for frying their fries in DuckFat. Notice Martha holding two bags to go. I chatted with her friend briefly who was really nice and took our photo. She and Martha and another girlfriend were road tripping together :}.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/imagineimages1lfe/7417602648/in/photostream

    NYC will miss you I'm sure... enjoy your last few days in the city!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.